All things Dundee FC

Tell me where i'm wrong.
McGowan has been central to continual failures, over and over again, yet never gets dropped when fit.
Julen is a dreadful player who would get into no other team in the league. Everyone knows it, so why does he continue to play? Of course he's going to have the odd game where we get away with him at the back such as Motherwell away.
We're budgeting for top six and have signed alot of donkeys on long term contracts. We have one of the worst squads in the league on one of the higher budgets outwith the top 4. The budget we give the manager is to finish top six. This was the terms set by the board, not me. 
Adding clowns like Klok into the squad to pick up a free wage until the summer ain't gonna help either. Haber's a big fucking donkey who up against a proper defender in Lindsay got dominated last night.
I don't give a f**k about watching shite teams or performances now and again, it comes with supporting a small club. If there's some sort understanding as to where we are, then i'll accept it. This season's been pish though, a total failure, from the cups to league position (we'll finish 9th or 10th). I'm sure the board would agree with the assesment of the season aswell. Pish.
I certainly won't be back until these continual errors are sorted.
I've had enough of Hartley and his pish, especially his shite about playing attacking, entertaining football. Get to f**k, this season on the whole has been the worst to watch in a decade. 
I'm out.

Go then.

I don't know if this is part of Keys plan but St Johnstone had 17k for Elton John with the standing capacity that venues could hold. If we were building it for 15k like it's been said, we could potentially have a venue that could accommodate just under 25k for live performances.
I really don't know how much money is actually made off these things but we've seen three bands announce dates for Slessor Gardens in the city centre for the summer and in minutes, 10k tickets have been sold out. I reckon that the stadium is being built with this in mind.
Anyone (*cough* [mention=45470]RandomGuy.[/mention]) able to give a ballpark figure for how much their performances (Elton John, Status Quo etc at McDiarmid, Falkirk Stadium) have brought in?

This.

That's where the real money will be made - turning the place into an entertainment and leisure venue.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Go then.

I am not going back until the nonsense stops from the manager and board but i shall still frequent the internet. If not going to matches meant not posting then that would rule half the muppets on this site out.

Thank you.

When did the points for tickets thing start? Apparently you've to have accrued enough points from buying tickets for Cat B matches to qualify for a ticket for the Celtic match.

Is this just to stop Celtic fans buying tickets for the home seats?

Right, cuntos; let's get our fucking thinking hats on here, aye.

What would you like to see at a new Dens? It's been mentioned a few pages back, but the new site is considerably bigger than the existing one. For those that aren't familiar with the piece of land in question, here's what we're talking about:

oEn1j3w.jpg

Right next to the ice rink.

This bothered me at first, but the more I think about it, the area isn't any better or worse than where Dens is currently located IMO. I'm trying to think if plus points and all I can come up with is that the proposed location might good for prancing popstars like Tom Hateley and Danny Williams (who will probably still be under contract) — they can swoosh around on the ice while everyone else is warming up.

Let's look at how the areas compare in terms of size:

ZkxpTxj.jpg

As Eddie Annand always said, 'Bigger is always Better, aye.'

The Kingsway will make it easier to get in and out, but there's a lack of good pubs in the area, sadly. Actually, there's my first request; a new clubbie. Lets put that as far away from the main road as possible to stop the regulars picking fights with moving traffic. Safety first.

The next thing to add would be a giant statue of Bobby Cox giving the Lochee Fleet sign in the direction of Tannadice. Get it right fucking up you, United. This should be placed close to the Kingsway, so everyone entering and leaving the city is either saluted or Telt.

Third, the stadium itself. As @Lichtie78 mentioned on the previous page, four SuperDerrys should be built to form the new ground. I'd go as far as to recess it into the ground and create old-style concrete terracing, complete with steel railings and wooden benches — none of this plastic seat shite.

Fourth, we should put the away fans closest to the road for two important reasons. One; the noise and pollution from the road. Let those c***s soak it up while our new South facing MegaDerry gets the sun. Most importantly, though, I propose we form a 21st century garden maze that must be completed before traveling away fans are allowed entry. This should be of moderate difficulty and a challenge. We could also combine this with @jamamafegan's idea to reintroduce native species back into Scotland. Wolves, bears and lynx might be reserved for visiting OF fans.

Various pubs and strip bars can then be slotted into the remaining spaces.

This is roughly what I think it should look like:

Solution.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC
Typo

Regarding the team's performance this season I've got to take issue with a few posts on here. Any team that shopped 40 goals at short notice would have struggled. Many other clubs would be staring down the barrell by now.

Hartley has made some good signings since then with OHara, Haber and Ojamma being highlights, as well as brought two youngsters into the regular first team. Others who looked like cloggers (Holt and Vincent) are getting on better. FEB will come good too I feel, bags of ability. 

The biggest thing I would like to see from Hartley next year is continuity. If he sticks with roughly what we have they will kick on, if he signs six players we'll go backwards. Come the summer I want to see him chuck a dud or two and keep Ojamma, otherwise he should only make one or two changes at most. One will be a goalkeeper and someone with pace and a cross would be my next priority. Any other signings either need to be a bit special or very promising youngsters. 

Right, cuntos; let's get our fucking thinking hats on here, aye.
What would you like to see at a new Dens? It's been mentioned a few pages back, but the new site is considerably bigger than the existing one. For those that aren't familiar with the piece of land in question, here's what we're talking about:
oEn1j3w.jpg
Right next to the ice rink.
This bothered me at first, but the more I think about it, the area isn't any better or worse than where Dens is currently located IMO. I'm trying to think if plus points and all I can come up with is that the proposed location might good for prancing popstars like Tom Hateley and Danny Williams (who will probably still be under contract) — they can swoosh around on the ice while everyone else is warming up.
Let's look at how the areas compare in terms of size:
ZkxpTxj.jpg
As Eddie Annand always said, 'Bigger is always Better, aye.'
The Kingsway will make it easier to get in and out, but there's a lack of good pubs in the area, sadly. Actually, there's my first request; a new clubbie. Lets put that as far away from the main road as possible to stop the regulars picking fights with moving traffic. Safety first.
The next thing to add would be a giant statue of Bobby Cox giving the Lochee Fleet sign in the direction of Tannadice. Get it right fucking up you, United. This should be placed close to the Kingsway, so everyone entering and leaving the city is either saluted or Telt.
Third, the stadium itself. As [mention=50024]Lichtie78[/mention] mentioned on the previous page, four SuperDerrys should be built to form the new ground. I'd go as far as to recess it into the ground and create old-style concrete terracing, complete with steel railings and wooden benches — none of this plastic seat shite.
Fourth, we should put the away fans closest to the road for two important reasons. One; the noise and pollution from the road. Let those c***s soak it up while our new South facing MegaDerry gets the sun. Most importantly, though, I propose we form a 21st century garden maze that must be completed before traveling away fans are allowed entry. This should be of moderate difficulty and a challenge. We could also combine this with [mention=19616]jamamafegan[/mention]'s idea to reintroduce native species back into Scotland. Wolves, bears and lynx might be reserved for visiting OF fans.
Various pubs and strip bars can then be slotted into the remaining spaces.
This is roughly what I think it should look like:
Solution.jpg
Thank you.

That maze :lol:

I may be wrong but I'm sure the actual site isn't as big as that, it's just a section of that land not the whole thing isn't it?

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That maze :lol:

I may be wrong but I'm sure the actual site isn't as big as that, it's just a section of that land not the whole thing isn't it?

Need to make sure the turnstiles are at the start. We could hire Skeletor to scare people.