All things Dundee FC

The going is hardly tough. It's a bad result after a good home run (of results not performances) and a couple excellent displays in the last week or so.
We'll go nowhere with this manager and squad however. I'm not supporting the team with shitebags getting a game week after week. McGowan lauded by the support when he's embarrassing. Julen getting games still. Haber on a two year deal. Enough is enough,.i'm not supporting this manager or certain players with my presence anymore - they don't deserve it.
I'm out until something is done. Adios.

I was there v the **** and the improvement in the team with Haber and Ojamma was massive in comparison to when I've seen you before. You've had a few cracking results and have now just lost out to a Thistle team on a very good run. You lot will go and do the same in a few weeks to another team.

You support Dundee ffs, sounding like a Celtic fan here, there'll be plenty more shite to come for the rest of your days but results like the 2 previous to tonight will come around every so often and be all the more sweeter for it.

Get a grip laddie.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The going is hardly tough. It's a bad result after a good home run (of results not performances) and a couple excellent displays in the last week or so.

We'll go nowhere with this manager and squad however. I'm not supporting the team with shitebags getting a game week after week. McGowan lauded by the support when he's embarrassing. Julen getting games still. Haber on a two year deal. Enough is enough,.i'm not supporting this manager or certain players with my presence anymore - they don't deserve it.

I'm out until something is done. Adios.

I thought Haber was ok tonight, f**k all support and a lot of poor deliveries.

A post of self pitying drivel to mask your shitebaggedness. I hope you go "full Fifespud" and still go every week.

I hope he continues to go every week too.

That's passion for his team he's showing, he's hurting. We just don't turn up to rustle our mint humbug wrappers.

I'd prefer if we tried to get the ball down and build from the back a bit more. Get it wide and get balls into Haber.

The long ball up the wing from Holt is so infuriating!! Stop doing it, it doesn't work FFS!!

I'm fucking sickened with this squad. Totally at my wits end.
We're rubbish. We've battled wonderfully against Rangers and demolished a stinking Motherwell defence in a 20 minute period. We'll never reach a higher standard than a few good wins here and there with this squad/manager though. 
Williams on a three year contract has me in pain tonight, chaps. McGowan central to our weak as shit midfield again for the hudredth time since he signed. Julen with an insipid display, proving his woefulness. We always throw in a great performance now and then which gets alot of c***s carried away.
Change is needed in the summer. I've had enough, the manager is failing in his duties. He's been backed to the hilt and has us with a squad who are no better than even Ross County who are below us at the moment. We're failing at the moment and it's because teams like Partick Thistle have assembled a stronger team than us.

A sense of entitlement that would make a Rangers fan blush.

I'm fucking sickened with this squad. Totally at my wits end.
We're rubbish. We've battled wonderfully against Rangers and demolished a stinking Motherwell defence in a 20 minute period. We'll never reach a higher standard than a few good wins here and there with this squad/manager though. 
Williams on a three year contract has me in pain tonight, chaps. McGowan central to our weak as shit midfield again for the hudredth time since he signed. Julen with an insipid display, proving his woefulness. We always throw in a great performance now and then which gets alot of c***s carried away.
Change is needed in the summer. I've had enough, the manager is failing in his duties. He's been backed to the hilt and has us with a squad who are no better than even Ross County who are below us at the moment. We're failing at the moment and it's because teams like Partick Thistle have assembled a stronger team than us.

Absolute minter of a post

Just now, (._.) said:

FTFY.

f**k up Deeboy, you go to about two games a season and post nothing worthwhile. You're a fucking fritter.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Absolute minter of a post

Tell me where i'm wrong.

McGowan has been central to continual failures, over and over again, yet never gets dropped when fit.

Julen is a dreadful player who would get into no other team in the league. Everyone knows it, so why does he continue to play? Of course he's going to have the odd game where we get away with him at the back such as Motherwell away.

We're budgeting for top six and have signed alot of donkeys on long term contracts. We have one of the worst squads in the league on one of the higher budgets outwith the top 4. The budget we give the manager is to finish top six. This was the terms set by the board, not me. 

Adding clowns like Klok into the squad to pick up a free wage until the summer ain't gonna help either. Haber's a big fucking donkey who up against a proper defender in Lindsay got dominated last night.

I don't give a f**k about watching shite teams or performances now and again, it comes with supporting a small club. If there's some sort understanding as to where we are, then i'll accept it. This season's been pish though, a total failure, from the cups to league position (we'll finish 9th or 10th). I'm sure the board would agree with the assesment of the season aswell. Pish.

I certainly won't be back until these continual errors are sorted.

I've had enough of Hartley and his pish, especially his shite about playing attacking, entertaining football. Get to f**k, this season on the whole has been the worst to watch in a decade. 

I'm out.

44 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Julen is a dreadful player who would get into no other team in the league. Everyone knows it, so why does he continue to play?

Don't think he'll be playing for a while now.

This isn't particularly topical, and it's been spoken about before, but seriously, WTF was the story with Williams and Vincent getting handed 3 year contracts? It would be understandable if they were highly sought after players who would be automatic first team picks every week and the lure of a 3 year contract was enough for us to get their signatures ahead of a load of other teams, but I doubt very much if that was the case.

I would guess any teams outwith Celtic dishing out 3 year contracts in this league is extremely rare which is what makes it very strange.

This has been troubling me since their signings and was wondering if anyone has any theories as to what the thinking was behind giving them that length of contract. Personally, I don't have a scooby.

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:46, johnnydun said:

With us finishing 8th last season, we won £150k less than forecast if we finished 6th. With the 200k lost at Dens every year and receiving probably less than forecast for Stewart that would all head toward the 500k loss, so I can see their want for moving ground, if we do move, finish 6th or above and make cash on a player now and again we could easily turn into a profit making club.

I however would only want a new ground if they paid for it through another company that was in no way associated with the club.

Hang on, I dont want a new stadium, repair this one! 

On one point you are spot on, the Americans will pay for the new stadium then rent it to the club, this way they increase the clubs revenue (The new site will make Dundee FC a lot of money each season) and then give the owners of the stadium an asset worth way more than the land they have bought along and a steady income. Unfortunately with Scottish football revenues its the only way I can see them ever making any money out their investment.

Repair what? its not the state of the place its the lack of non match day revenue. Sentiment aside the club would be mad to stay at Dens long term. A move is a massive opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This isn't particularly topical, and it's been spoken about before, but seriously, WTF was the story with Williams and Vincent getting handed 3 year contracts? It would be understandable if they were highly sought after players who would be automatic first team picks every week and the lure of a 3 year contract was enough for us to get their signatures ahead of a load of other teams, but I doubt very much if that was the case.

I would guess any teams outwith Celtic dishing out 3 year contracts in this league is extremely rare which is what makes it very strange.

This has been troubling me since their signings and was wondering if anyone has any theories as to what the thinking was behind giving them that length of contract. Personally, I don't have a scooby.

I do wonder what is in the contracts for both sides.  By that I mean are they really locked-in to the Dees for 3 years or are their options to pull the trigger for both sides in the contract if it looks like things are going south?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Vincent has been excellent and easily one of our veered players recently

That as it may be, I can't believe we couldn't have got him on a 2 year deal. Maybe get players on a long contract if you think you're going to get cash for them down the line. He's not been that good that it looks like we could get a fee for him.

Williams is hardly getting a look in. Hopefully there's some 'if you are shite, GTF' clause written in like rainbowrising says.

I've had enough of Hartley and his pish, especially his shite about playing attacking, entertaining football. Get to f**k, this season on the whole has been the worst to watch in a decade. 
I'm out.

C'mon, worst to watch in a decade? You just lost all credibility with that one. Every time we have a poor result this nonsense gets wheeled out - I've seen plenty worse Dundee sides than this one and I'm only 25.

Scottish football is what it is, every side in the league apart from Celtic struggles with erratic form most seasons. You've clearly made your mind up though, so just support Manchester United and Real Madrid and be done with it.

20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I reckon it's exchanging job security for wages. Harkins was rumoured to be offered a long term extension that had a significant wage reduction in it.

I suppose on paper, Williams looked like a pretty solid signing since he was a decent player at this level. I think most of us were happy with that one but a bit skeptical about Vincent due to his injury past but it seems to have worked out in reverse.

I have a feeling Williams will end up being offered back to Inverness and rip us apart next season.

12 hours ago, Marr1 said:

I imagine that Dundee will be in a similar boat to Aberdeen re: stadium upkeep.

Also wasn't the main point of the Yanks coming in to purchase Dens from the United Director? They've been in for quite a while now and AFAIA Dens is still owned by Bennett.

Reveal hidden contents

Before someone comes in and says we're going into admin, you guys budgeted for a top six finish, which is very, very reckless. 

At no point did the Americans say they were going to buy Dens.

Bill Colvin looked into it but nothing came of it.  

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I reckon it's exchanging job security for wages. Harkins was rumoured to be offered a long term extension that had a significant wage reduction in it.

I suppose on paper, Williams looked like a pretty solid signing since he was a decent player at this level. I think most of us were happy with that one but a bit skeptical about Vincent due to his injury past but it seems to have worked out in reverse.

I have a feeling Williams will end up being offered back to Inverness and rip us apart next season.

That would make sense but the Yogi Hughes comment about "driving them to Dundee myself for that money" doesn't add up, unless of course an average wage at Dundee is much higher than an average wage at ICT. Or unless Hughes didn't have a clue how much they were offered and was talking out his arse of course.

Just now, Dee Man said:

That would make sense but the Yogi Hughes comment about "driving them to Dundee myself for that money" doesn't add up, unless of course an average wage at Dundee is much higher than an average wage at ICT. Or unless Hughes didn't have a clue how much they were offered and was talking out his arse of course.

It's hard to really tell with Yogi. At the time, he was getting angry at the board for his budget so it may well be that he was trying to further the narrative that he had nothing to work with.

The money we offered wasn't enough to tempt Lawless, Osman or Draper to Dens for what it's worth.