All things Dundee FC

It's got to be said we really don't do cup runs do we. 

We had a very poor start to the season - demonstrated in the cup against lower league opposition.  Now we have had a very poor start after the mid seasons break.   Is it just a coincidence or is management doing something wrong in training / friendlies / trips away during breaks?  

"That was just a lacklustre performance. We've not got any excuses because the best team won.

"We were off it all over the pitch. It's the same team that beat St Johnstone 3-0 here. It's not acceptable."

Hartley getting stuck in to the players. Good. Let's see the reaction next week.

"That was just a lacklustre performance. We've not got any excuses because the best team won.

"We were off it all over the pitch. It's the same team that beat St Johnstone 3-0 here. It's not acceptable."

Hartley getting stuck in to the players. Good. Let's see the reaction next week.

We seem to be needing a 'reaction' about once every 3 weeks. Begs questions of everyone on and off the field.

The best we can hope for with this squad and manager is to avoid the play offs.

Far too inconsistent and this season's signings were rubbish.

Must avoid a play off against the Dabs/Morten as we seen yesterday that this team is more than capable of being outplayed by shite on the wrong day.

Pish Dundee.

24 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What position were Dundee fans expecting us to be in at the start of the season ?
Hartley biggest downfall seems to be doing way above expectations in his first season in the spl.
After many a year being in the first division/championship I'm just glad we are still in the top league.
Cup runs just don't seem to work out for us.
Onwards and upwards :-)

As long as we avoid the play offs I'll be content and I'm pretty certain most Dundee fans will too. I think most can accept that we're a poor team and to just write this season off in terms of progression.

Being knocked out both cups in the first stage possible is completely unacceptable, though. To say they just don't work for us isn't true, the team's either bottled it or just not shown up. As far as I can remember the only team we've been eliminated by since Hartley joined which wasn't a horrendous result was Celtic at home. Rangers away you would be able to understand but the manner of defeat obviously wasn't.

Teams like Peterhead, East Fife St Mirren and even a good league 1 Dunfermline side are generous draws to us and ones we should clearly have progressed over. When you see some of the teams who've made it to Hampden in the past few years, it makes our record of even reaching a semi final look horrendous, never mind actually winning anything,

Saw yesterday's calamity coming as soon as the draw was made simply because it's us. Potentially 5 former Dees lining up against us plus a 3 week winter break thrown into the mix. Totally unacceptable though.

His double subby killed us. Williams and Duffy are nowhere near good enough for what we require or expect. I'm not one for wanting managers sacked as it's not worked out for us in the past but the signing of Williams on a 3 year deal is a sackable offence on its own. A winger that never looks to go forward and beat a man. Instead he goes hiding in the middle of the park. Some great players last year up at Inverness yet we pick this fraud. Also of all the players not getting much game time at Celtic we pick up Duffy, phuck me! 

PH's horrendous cup runs have saw us miss out on a lot of extra cash during his tenure. Yesterday's effort was another unacceptable result. Loy should only have been loaned out once a replacement was signed. 

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

What position were Dundee fans expecting us to be in at the start of the season ?
Hartley biggest downfall seems to be doing way above expectations in his first season in the spl.
After many a year being in the first division/championship I'm just glad we are still in the top league.
Cup runs just don't seem to work out for us.
Onwards and upwards :-)

Yes, that's why we're out the cups; cup runs simply don't work for us.

Deary fucking me.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Fair few knicker wetters amongst the Dees. Accept you've found your level and it'll take time to become the next St Johnstone. 

Tam your club's times up at the end of the season. 6 of your starting 11 are out of contract in the summer, with McLean the only 1 likely to re-sign. 

Edited by Yenitit