All things Dundee FC

Dunno if it was on here or elsewhere but I'm sure Hurry had a theory that Hartley might let Gadz go as there are a few ideal targets that Hartley would like and McPake, O'Dea and Julen are signed for next season already.

His post has meant that I'll not sleep easy until he's signed up again.

Dunno if it was on here or elsewhere but I'm sure Hurry had a theory that Hartley might let Gadz go as there are a few ideal targets that Hartley would like and McPake, O'Dea and Julen are signed for next season already.

His post has meant that I'll not sleep easy until he's signed up again.

Surely not? that's like us saying we will let haber move on because yordi is signed up. Id rather keep Gadz and have mcpake on just a pay as you play contract with a basic wage in a coaching capacity too.

Considering gadz is already on miniscule wages even if we tripled them he would still be nowhere near our highest earner

Surely not? that's like us saying we will let haber move on because yordi is signed up. Id rather keep Gadz and have mcpake on just a pay as you play contract with a basic wage in a coaching capacity too.

Considering gadz is already on miniscule wages even if we tripled them he would still be nowhere near our highest earner

I've not put across Harry's argument/feeling well (If it wasn't you Harry, I apologise). Basically the point was, Hartley might be looking to strengthen us in defence in the close season as we have already been linked (Shite rumour or not) with Considine and Meekings. That means someone will need to drop out and as we have three tied up already - Gadzhalov would be the natural one to drop out after Gomis.

Whether we like it or not Hartley thinks McPake is good for the club (I don't mind, I love McPake tbh). And it'd cost a decent amount of compensation to dispose of Julen to the point where it'd make financial sense to keep Gadz ahead of him.

That being said, I'd be devastated if we lost Gadz. He's went from being in my view, a diabolical bombscare that stole Konrad's wage to one of my favourite Dee's in a long, long time. He's some boy.

I've not put across Harry's argument/feeling well (If it wasn't you Harry, I apologise). Basically the point was, Hartley might be looking to strengthen us in defence in the close season as we have already been linked (Shite rumour or not) with Considine and Meekings. That means someone will need to drop out and as we have three tied up already - Gadzhalov would be the natural one to drop out after Gomis.

Whether we like it or not Hartley thinks McPake is good for the club (I don't mind, I love McPake tbh). And it'd cost a decent amount of compensation to dispose of Julen to the point where it'd make financial sense to keep Gadz ahead of him.

That being said, I'd be devastated if we lost Gadz. He's went from being in my view, a diabolical bombscare that stole Konrad's wage to one of my favourite Dee's in a long, long time. He's some boy.

Now it's julen that's a wage thief...funny how things work out

Now it's julen that's a wage thief...funny how things work out

I'm not saying Julen is a wage thief at all. Just that if we had to let go of a defender, he'd be fairly safe as it'd no doubt cost a sizeable amount to let him go with another 18 months left on his deal.

That being said, when everyone was loving Julen as the best CH since sliced bread last season - I was never convinced. Not that I can take credit from that as I'm sure I said I felt O'Dea was overrated by Dee's too! [emoji38]

I'm not saying Julen is a wage thief at all. Just that if we had to let go of a defender, he'd be fairly safe as it'd no doubt cost a sizeable amount to let him go with another 18 months left on his deal.

That being said, when everyone was loving Julen as the best CH since sliced bread last season - I was never convinced. Not that I can take credit from that as I'm sure I said I felt O'Dea was overrated by Dee's too! [emoji38]

Wasn't having a dig I was telling you in my opinion julen is a wage thief and premiership is NOT his level the worst defender at the club all he has is height

Wasn't having a dig I was telling you in my opinion julen is a wage thief and premiership is NOT his level the worst defender at the club all he has is height

I wouldn't disagree that he probably is the lesser of all our CH's. How things change as he was rated as the best by many last season.

I wouldn't disagree that he probably is the lesser of all our CH's. How things change as he was rated as the best by many last season.

I might be harsh in my opinion of him but he's just a poor mans Gallagher

I might be harsh in my opinion of him but he's just a poor mans Gallagher

If Gallagher wasn't an idiot off the pitch he'd probably still be at the heart of our defence or at a higher level. Had a lot to learn but had all the physical qualities.

As it is, he'll be no more than a cult hero at Livi.

If Gallagher wasn't an idiot off the pitch he'd probably still be at the heart of our defence or at a higher level. Had a lot to learn but had all the physical qualities.

As it is, he'll be no more than a cult hero at Livi.

Totally agree but alas he wiz a nutter and here we have julen canny kick a baw in defence

15 hours ago, RawB93 said:

That's inspired me to have a wee read through the match thread again. Superb stuff. What a night.

I almost feel sorry for Hooly, seen him bouncing about DDE the night before and have no doubt he was already feeling 'sensitive', as was I.

I went mental at the equaliser, but when Wighton's winner went in I just burst into tears. Hid my face behind my scarf and just let it all out. I didn't think football could make me feel like that. I'd like to blame the mdma, but truth be told it was just such a perfect climax to not only the game but a chapter in our rivalry.

Stayed behind singing Beautiful Monday until there was only a handful of people in the ground, including Hartley who was back out doing his post match interview. :lol:

Thank you RawB. Brings a tear to the eye so it does. 

The thought of Granny Dangers state on that night is incredibly satisfying:

Onto his eighth can of super tennents before kick off in order to soften the incoming heartache; lying on his sofa, sprawled like a resting elephant, with enough comfort food to sustain the beast until midnight - where he would then hopefully find a taker to his online physical fight challenge.

The tectonic plates of East Angus were shifted as Granny leapt up like a circus Orca to Ofere's goal - but he was soon to be shunted back down to normality.

As RawB's tears of joy dried into the Derry concourse, old Granny D's salted tears streamed down his food stained beard before dropping onto his hole punched vest. 

Unfortunately Radford pished his knickers a few weeks before the doon derby and i never got to be apart of the p&b celebrations. I hope Granny took a ribbing, and i'm delighted the c**t doesn't post around these parts anymore.

I do however have no doubts he still peers in - so this one is for GD:

Get back to the championship forum you fucking baldy fossil.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92