All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Not me pal.. I sit in the Derry with my two boys (both under ten) and eight other family members. My fitba etiquette is exemplary :)

I just take issue with Dees like you who, if you continue with your denial tactics, will soon be sitting amongst 2000 Dundee supporters paying £30 a game or £500 a season.

Open your eyes. 

There are season ticket holders for 30 years+ amongst my group (myself included) and at this stage at least half aren't renewing next year and will just pick and choose their games. If you have kids yourself you'll understand what that means. Desperate to bring them up as Dees but faced with shelling out £12 (£15 for Cat A) a pop to take an 8 year old kid to Dens when other grounds are letting them in significantly cheaper or for free in some cases. The list of games that folk actually end up attending gets shorter and shorter. Before you know it, we've turned into a St Johnstone or Killie in terms of supporter base.

Not to mention the ridiculous situation with no cash gates and queuing twice to get a ticket on the day of the game. Crazy, And another unnecessary barrier preventing folk from getting to the game. All this at a time when we should be growing the club and capitalizing on the demise of the no righters next door.

So yes, I'll continue being a live wire and you continue to not face up to the reality of what's currently going on. Home crowds are most certainly down over the last two seasons. It beggars belief that you would deny that to be honest. Unless you don't go to Dens; that would maybe explain it. 

My Hearts supporting mate refused to pay what Dundee wanted for him and his three kids (all under 12) last week. £70. The same fixture at Tynecaslte would have cost him as little as £33 for all four of them.

I'll be there tomorrow as always; cheering on the team and hoping for huge improvements from both players and manager. If it doesn't happen sharpish, this big handsome b*****d should be tapped up. Fairly certain he'd do a better job with the same level of backing that Hartleys had.

304731-alan-archibald-wants-partick-this

I agree with all of it, apart from the last sentence. 

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No DABs at Dens.

Thank you.

Shite. Forgot he was a froot. Point(s) is:

1. The "who's out there thats better?" argument can't and won't last forever if PH continues to clown around.

2. Many of the players aren't up to it but Bruce Forsyth would probably get more out of this squad if he deployed them in a simple shape and allowed them to play their natural game in their strongest positions.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Dee Man, after the season they had did anyone actually believe that Hemmings and Stewart were going to remain at Dens?  Especially when you consider the £250k clause for Hemmings and the fact Stewart was in the last year of his contract.  If Hartley didn't know what was happening with both of them then that is poor.  The board and Hartley should have been liaising a lot closer about the situation. 

Your last point is on the other hand 100% correct!

Like you say, it all depends on whether or not Hartley knew they were going to be offski. The way he was kicking about the market for the dregs suggests to me that he didn't, but until anyone knows for sure then he can't be blamed for it. If he knew that they would be gone then he's made a c**t of getting in decent replacements. Either way, the way the Stewart and Hemmings transfers were dealt with was shambolic - either get rid at the end of the season or if you're going to haggle all summer for Stewart then get more than 500k FFS. 

1 hour ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Not me pal.. I sit in the Derry with my two boys (both under ten) and eight other family members. My fitba etiquette is exemplary :)

I just take issue with Dees like you who, if you continue with your denial tactics, will soon be sitting amongst 2000 Dundee supporters paying £30 a game or £500 a season.

Open your eyes. 

There are season ticket holders for 30 years+ amongst my group (myself included) and at this stage at least half aren't renewing next year and will just pick and choose their games. If you have kids yourself you'll understand what that means. Desperate to bring them up as Dees but faced with shelling out £12 (£15 for Cat A) a pop to take an 8 year old kid to Dens when other grounds are letting them in significantly cheaper or for free in some cases. The list of games that folk actually end up attending gets shorter and shorter. Before you know it, we've turned into a St Johnstone or Killie in terms of supporter base.

Not to mention the ridiculous situation with no cash gates and queuing twice to get a ticket on the day of the game. Crazy, And another unnecessary barrier preventing folk from getting to the game. All this at a time when we should be growing the club and capitalizing on the demise of the no righters next door.

So yes, I'll continue being a live wire and you continue to not face up to the reality of what's currently going on. Home crowds are most certainly down over the last two seasons. It beggars belief that you would deny that to be honest. Unless you don't go to Dens; that would maybe explain it. 

My Hearts supporting mate refused to pay what Dundee wanted for him and his three kids (all under 12) last week. £70. The same fixture at Tynecaslte would have cost him as little as £33 for all four of them.

I'll be there tomorrow as always; cheering on the team and hoping for huge improvements from both players and manager. If it doesn't happen sharpish, this big handsome b*****d should be tapped up. Fairly certain he'd do a better job with the same level of backing that Hartleys had.

Denying what? You've already had two other posters give you figures that the crowds are actually slightly up. 

Shite. Forgot he was a froot. Point(s) is:
1. The "who's out there thats better?" argument can't and won't last forever if PH continues to clown around.
2. Many of the players aren't up to it but Bruce Forsyth would probably get more out of this squad if he deployed them in a simple shape and allowed them to play their natural game in their strongest positions.

Bruce Forsyth it is then.

1 hour ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Open your eyes. 

I agree with a lot of your points but an 8 year can get a season ticket at Dens for £40.

Not me pal.. I sit in the Derry with my two boys (both under ten) and eight other family members. My fitba etiquette is exemplary [emoji4]
Open your eyes. 
304731-alan-archibald-wants-partick-thistle-to-continue-their-unbeaten-run-against-hamilton.jpg&key=23bd0dc4273a1b2402494e34c1f8c5f31dfa002f5501c6b14edf0ede55184eb4

Assuming Hearts is a Cat A game it would be £40 at Dens. For Cat B games as we are to them it would be £28.

That would be in the Bobby Cox but at the prices you've quoted he clearly sits in the 'bronze' seats at Tynecastle (the shitiest) so he can't be too fussy.

I'm not quite getting the Archibald thing.  Thistle were bottom until midweek (below us even!).
The only manager I'd take over Hartley at the moment is Tommy Wright - and we've no chance of getting him.  

I'd rather have Bruce Forsyth.

Am I correct in thinking that we don't have any scouts? Does Hartley do it all himself? Perhaps that's part of the problem. I have it in my mind that Archie Knox was scouting for us when we had Bomber and then Hartley got the old boy away to f**k?

Am I correct in thinking that we don't have any scouts? Does Hartley do it all himself? Perhaps that's part of the problem. I have it in my mind that Archie Knox was scouting for us when we had Bomber and then Hartley got the old boy away to f**k?

It is a bit strange-normally when we get a player on loan you'll see a youth coach or someone in the stand watching nearly every game, but the only Dundee official I've ever seen watching Skelly is Hartley himself on a few occasions.

It is a bit strange-normally when we get a player on loan you'll see a youth coach or someone in the stand watching nearly every game, but the only Dundee official I've ever seen watching Skelly is Hartley himself on a few occasions.

Saw him on TV at tynecastle tonight as well. I don't think we will ever find a more committed manager. If I'm honest, I expect he will go on to great things when he's got professional players to work with. I wonder how many of our starting XI are currently sat having a few cans at home watching the Hearts game on TV. I'd say Scott Bain is certainly one of them.

It is quite obvious that our ticket prices are awful and it doesn't make it ok but rest of Scottish top flight football is probably the same. I'm too lazy to look that up.

I don't think we should get rid of hartley. He's still the best manager we've had in years he's just had a shit couple of transfer windows. Chopping and changing has never worked out well for us in the past.

7 minutes ago, K.T said:

Saw him on TV at tynecastle tonight as well. I don't think we will ever find a more committed manager. If I'm honest, I expect he will go on to great things when he's got professional players to work with. I wonder how many of our starting XI are currently sat having a few cans at home watching the Hearts game on TV. I'd say Scott Bain is certainly one of them.

Cammy Kerr will be down the park practising throw ins.

Darren O'Dea will be on the treadmill watching the game.

Godzilla will be pumping his missus.

Gomis will be building a 9 skinner 

Gowser will be battering polis.

Nicky Low will be lying in bed in traction, covered in bandages with only his eyes showing.

Haber will be waiting on a taxi to head round to Gomis' pad.

Cammy Kerr will be down the park practising throw ins.
Darren O'Dea will be on the treadmill watching the game.
Godzilla will be pumping his missus.
Gomis will be building a 9 skinner 
Gowser will be battering polis.
Nicky Low will be lying in bed in traction, covered in bandages with only his eyes showing.
Haber will be waiting on a taxi to head round to Gomis' pad.

Tom Hateley will be up all night trying to chip a football into an empty washing basket once.

Danny Williams will be staring into the mirror and saying "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the shittest of them all?"

Tom Hateley will be up all night trying to chip a football into an empty washing basket once.

Danny Williams will be staring into the mirror and saying "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the shittest of them all?"

Hateley won't be practising. He's Mark's son, the England international, and Tom knows he's got it. He's the most able, most skilful, the fittest and the best looking. If the whole team was as good as him we'd be challenging Celtic. That's Tom.