All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Hateley is pish imo. Totally flatters to deceive. Slows the game down constantly. On the subject of Hartley - dishing out 3 year contracts. We should only hand them out to players we might be able to sell, not total fucking journeymen. I rate Bain but his attitude is at best debatable and he was at least partially to blame for both goals last night. Our reserve keeper is a nervous midget. What's the point in taking a Celtic youngster on loan if he's not good enough to play in the first team regularly, even as a subby? Yes we lost our best 2 players but that was entirely predictable. We have signed 3 strikers in Yordi, El Bak and Haber, another 2 front men in Duffy and Williams - is Hartley's point that he only signed that pish because he thought Hemmings and Stewart were staying, that he turned down better players because we had them? He's signed about 10 centre halves during his tenure and none looked of the class of that lad playing in the middle of defence for Thistle last night, more journeymen. Who goes in at full back if either Kerr or Holt get injured or lose form? Where is the flair in our team? Where is the pace in our team?
Is Hartley's position in question? You're fucking right it is. We are going backwards, it's clear to see, it looks like he's run out of ideas. The Hearts win papered over the cracks temporarily, we were honking in that game and the victory was a fluke. Thankfully there are 2 or 3 other shite teams in this league or we'd be fucked already. I reckon there's a very good chance 2 teams will go down this season and I see no reason why one of them won't be us.

I think folk are forgetting that Hemmings was sold at the end of July and Stewart at the end of August so by that point any decent players on the market would've been tied up which is why Hartley had to sniff about to get what was left. We got El Bak and Hateley in as free agents. No one questioned those signings at the time and most were happy with them so anyone slating them now is doing so with the benefit of hindsight. 

Yes the team is playing shite and we're in a relegation dogfight but so are 5 other teams and no manager that I can think of is going to make a dramatic improvement in performances or results.

We might be 3 points off the bottom but we're also only 2 points behind 6th. 

We'll bury the tractor boys on Saturday and everything will be rosy again.

The Sun has us as wanting to sign Bulgarian striker (I need to Google his name) Ventsislav Hristov.

He's apparently already rejected one offer from us but he's came back and wanted to talk more as he wants a move to Scotland. He's 28. 8 caps for Bulgaria.

Anyone up to date on their Bulgarian strikers?

I used to be a big fan of him in his Beroe Stara Zagora days.

I think folk are forgetting that Hemmings was sold at the end of July and Stewart at the end of August so by that point any decent players on the market would've been tied up which is why Hartley had to sniff about to get what was left. We got El Bak and Hateley in as free agents. No one questioned those signings at the time and most were happy with them so anyone slating them now is doing so with the benefit of hindsight. 
Yes the team is playing shite and we're in a relegation dogfight but so are 5 other teams and no manager that I can think of is going to make a dramatic improvement in performances or results.
We might be 3 points off the bottom but we're also only 2 points behind 6th. 
We'll bury the tractor boys on Saturday and everything will be rosy again.

Listen none of this 'in hindsight' nonsense. Like at most of our players I've been screaming 'USELESS c**t' and 'GET AFF YOU FECKING DONKEY' at Hateley and El Bak since the first second they started their pre match warm ups in their first games. I'm not one of those supporters who starts abusing players after one poor touch, I start way, way before that.

What El Bak needs is a run of games in the team. A lot of his goals at Dunfermline were absolute class and placed in the corners, some from distance etc. That has nothing to do with poor opposition imo, he has a talent. That one on one miss at parkhead he had must have been down to confidence because if he'd had that chance at Dunfermline it would have been buried in the net. As much as I love the dab slayer, I think el Bak has more talent and potential. Just my opinion but I hope Hartley gives him a proper chance because he could be the striker we need.

Not sure they could have done that much more.  They seem to have at least set the club on the road to a proper financial structure (could all change if we get relegated though)    I know we don't like to think about financial matters but if truth be told it's a policy that has suited St Johnstone very well.

Is his your way of saying you want to become a St Johnstone fan? We can help with that.

We are a poor side. People talk about strikers and (yawn) centre halfs but the obvious problem is midfield, we are pish. We have the worst manager in the league with the 5th biggest budget. Signings dire. We did well to come back from 2-0 down v Hearts thanks to some terrible defending, but taking a point v farmers best we can hope for. When you think of what they've achieved - it amazes me anyone can defend that bullying little apology for a manager. 

I think the problem with Hartley is that we are used to having nothing but the best managers, tactical genuises who had us playing scintillating football with the resultant steady stream of trophies heading into the Dens Park boardroom.

He's on a hiding to nothing really.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Listen none of this 'in hindsight' nonsense. Like at most of our players I've been screaming 'USELESS c**t' and 'GET AFF YOU FECKING DONKEY' at Hateley and El Bak since the first second they started their pre match warm ups in their first games. I'm not one of those supporters who starts abusing players after one poor touch, I start way, way before that.

You were enquiring about Hateley's availability at the time, so I hold you personally responsible. 

I read in one of the papers that Greg Tansey had turned down a new deal at ICT was looking to leave at the end of the season. So, that's one more for us next season, I presume...

It's been fairly clear for a while he's joining Aberdeen. Dundee fans just need to ride this season out, the one after we lost May seen us replace him with Adam Morgan and Brian Graham, and play some of the most brutal football you'll see. Last season we went on a run of about one win in four months.

This is the life of a Scottish football fan.

I will be raging if we sign another striker and then push Wighton out to the wing again to basically play as a second left back.

I'd hope the striker is to be signed to give Wighton a break from the first team entirely.

We are a poor side. People talk about strikers and (yawn) centre halfs but the obvious problem is midfield, we are pish. We have the worst manager in the league with the 5th biggest budget. Signings dire. We did well to come back from 2-0 down v Hearts thanks to some terrible defending, but taking a point v farmers best we can hope for. When you think of what they've achieved - it amazes me anyone can defend that bullying little apology for a manager. 

Bullying? Worst manager in the league?

Right then.

Last time we done it the game was in doubt, there were biblical proportion floods, pitch problems and the game was eventually rescheduled more than once if I remember correctly. Was never going to pull a decent crowd. They have got to waken up to the fact they're driving folk away from Dens with their pricing. Young adult and kids prices inparticualr are disgraceful in comparison to almost every other club in the league. 

In reality they aren't driving people away are they? Attendances so far this season are up on last seasons so far.