All things Dundee FC

Hateley is pish imo. Totally flatters to deceive. Slows the game down constantly. On the subject of Hartley - dishing out 3 year contracts. We should only hand them out to players we might be able to sell, not total fucking journeymen. I rate Bain but his attitude is at best debatable and he was at least partially to blame for both goals last night. Our reserve keeper is a nervous midget. What's the point in taking a Celtic youngster on loan if he's not good enough to play in the first team regularly, even as a subby? Yes we lost our best 2 players but that was entirely predictable. We have signed 3 strikers in Yordi, El Bak and Haber, another 2 front men in Duffy and Williams - is Hartley's point that he only signed that pish because he thought Hemmings and Stewart were staying, that he turned down better players because we had them? He's signed about 10 centre halves during his tenure and none looked of the class of that lad playing in the middle of defence for Thistle last night, more journeymen. Who goes in at full back if either Kerr or Holt get injured or lose form? Where is the flair in our team? Where is the pace in our team?
Is Hartley's position in question? You're fucking right it is. We are going backwards, it's clear to see, it looks like he's run out of ideas. The Hearts win papered over the cracks temporarily, we were honking in that game and the victory was a fluke. Thankfully there are 2 or 3 other shite teams in this league or we'd be fucked already. I reckon there's a very good chance 2 teams will go down this season and I see no reason why one of them won't be us.

And another thing Wighton isn't ready to play week in week out and his goal scoring record is abysmal. Loy has never impressed me but I think he has more of an eye for a goal, right now it's hard to believe in any of the team scoring double figures this season.

"Sporting Intelligence"

Well that's me convinced.

The source might be debatable but would it surprise me that our budget is bigger than ICT, Hamilton, Partick, Motherwell or Killie? No it wouldn't. St Johnstone with win bonuses and Uncle Roy's fantasy team is maybe more debatable but if we spent more than them it wouldn't blow my mind.

Where's Boredom Guy when you need him ffs?

I've often said these "reports" of wages are utterly useless garbage, as most just get the yearly wages figure, then divide it by the number of players they think it's used on. Certain teams, ourselves included, have misleadingly low totals as the bonuses aren't included. By the sounds of things we're attempting to go even further into "rewarding success", so our wage bill will "drop", but we'll be spending more, even if we match the achievements we have been.

I don't think anyone was in any doubt that Stewart and and Hemnings would be sold.  Stewart because the offer was a reasonably good one and Hemmings because of the £250k clause!  That then leaves Hartley knowing he had to get attacking replacements.

When they signed did ANYONE think we signings Yordi, Duffy or Williams were anywhere near good enough?  Did ANYONE think Wighton or El Bak were ready to play week in week out?  Did ANYONE think Loy was good enough?  That only leaves Haber.  He clearly fits the bill for the big punt up the park (I personally don't mind that as long as we get the points) but Hartley himself has repeated numerous times he has (should now definitely read had) a style of play he likes to deploy.

If truth be told Hartley's signings have fallen well short of the required standards.  Too many failed experiments which have left us with a weak first team and an even weaker squad.

That's my thoughts on the attacking situation.  I think there is almost enough quality in the midfield and defence, just!

Got to agree about Hately.  Flatters to deceive.  His tackle against Patterson (I think) from Hearts in front of the Derry just about sums him up!

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What have the Americans done ?

Not sure they could have done that much more.  They seem to have at least set the club on the road to a proper financial structure (could all change if we get relegated though)    I know we don't like to think about financial matters but if truth be told it's a policy that has suited St Johnstone very well.

As I understand it the board make available a set amount for players each season and Hartley is allowed to spend it as he sees fit with very little interference from the board.  Has Hartley spent too much on the wages of a few players that just aren't giving enough?   Hately's wages wont be cheap for example.  Gadz and Kerr show better than just about any other players of any club I can think of that you don't have to pay big wages to get a big effort every game!

Nelms in particular places a lot of trust in Hartley.  Will that trust continue?

Hartley's undoubtedly fucked up this season. No arguments from me.

He has been backed well but he's the one that's enabled us to be able to back him by getting us back in the top flight and the cash that comes with that and also bringing in a few players that we've been able to sell on for cash. Therefore I don't entirely understand that argument.

Unless he gets us relegated he's got enough (or should have at least) enough goodwill in the bank to sort out his mess next season.

Time to rid us with the stigma that we are a sacking club.