All things Dundee FC

Christ where to begin? We are mediocre all over the park. I genuinely haven't seen one side I'm confident we can finish above. That's not to say we are doomed but it's going to be a real nail biter. We desperately need some quality anywhere.

we need a Scott Brown type knock-em-over in the centre of midfield to control things and someone that can play off that that has some pace and skill (don't dare say McGowan) to run at opponents and get them going backwards and allow our forward line to be more active.  Of course, that costs money, can't think of too many decent players that match that need that happen to be hanging around right now.

Reality is we were outplayed by Hearts for 60 minutes and should have been about 4 down before a completely unforeseen turnaround and have now been gubbed by Thistle.

There seems to be a real issue with our keepers attitude, I have never rated O'Dea even before he came to Dens, Holt has absolutely no pace and can be skinned by any opponent with a bit of speed and touch, midfield offers little and the forwards are poor - which isn't surprising given how little they have to work with.  That is pretty much from back line to forward line there are weaknesses.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Christ where to begin? We are mediocre all over the park. I genuinely haven't seen one side I'm confident we can finish above. That's not to say we are doomed but it's going to be a real nail biter. We desperately need some quality anywhere.

Worry not mate, we'll finish 10th...:shutup

Yep, we need a 'game changer' which is hopefully something Hartley has lined up for Jan. 

A creative midfielder+/decent crosser of the ball. 

He'll hopefully ship two out (at a guess Loy/Duffy/sicknote/Williams) and ship two in. 

Btw, are we actually paying any/all of Duffy's wages!? If so, huge waste of money as he's not being used. 

Worry not mate, we'll finish 10th...:shutup
Yep, we need a 'game changer' which is hopefully something Hartley has lined up for Jan. 
A creative midfielder+/decent crosser of the ball. 
He'll hopefully ship two out (at a guess Loy/Duffy/sicknote/Williams) and ship two in. 
Btw, are we actually paying any/all of Duffy's wages!? If so, huge waste of money as he's not being used. 

If I had my way I'd ship out Hateley too who is (as I thought he would be) a completely over-rated waste of a shirt.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

we need a Scott Brown type knock-em-over in the centre of midfield to control things and someone that can play off that that has some pace and skill (don't dare say McGowan) to run at opponents and get them going backwards and allow our forward line to be more active.  Of course, that costs money, can't think of too many decent players that match that need that happen to be hanging around right now.

Reality is we were outplayed by Hearts for 60 minutes and should have been about 4 down before a completely unforeseen turnaround and have now been gubbed by Thistle.

There seems to be a real issue with our keepers attitude, I have never rated O'Dea even before he came to Dens, Holt has absolutely no pace and can be skinned by any opponent with a bit of speed and touch, midfield offers little and the forwards are poor - which isn't surprising given how little they have to work with.  That is pretty much from back line to forward line there are weaknesses.

Can't disagree with any of that 

If I had my way I'd ship out Hateley too who is (as I thought he would be) a completely over-rated waste of a shirt.

Agreed. Thought he was exceptionally poor last night but Vincent seemed to take more abuse which I found strange...bar one guy who repeatedly shouted for Hateley to come off

2 hours ago, srw said:

Too early to start the Hartley out chatter?

You've been asked before on a few occasions who you'd get as a replacement and you've never had an answer so until there is a decent alternative available then it's lunacy to consider punting the manager. 

Think we should've kept harkins imo ?

Undoubtedly. But by the sounds of things Hartley didn't have an option.

Pissed at the training camp, refused to pay the fine, then got pissed again.the next night.

Rock and a hard place for Hartley if that's true.

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

You've been asked before on a few occasions who you'd get as a replacement and you've never had an answer so until there is a decent alternative available then it's lunacy to consider punting the manager. 

Crazy logic if you ask me.

Regardless of how badly they may be performing, we don't part company with a manager until an agreeable replacement is lined up? 

There's literally a whole world of candidates out there who would be qualified, available and motivated to show what they can do with the fifth largest budget in the Scottish Premiership. 

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Undoubtedly. But by the sounds of things Hartley didn't have an option.

Pissed at the training camp, refused to pay the fine, then got pissed again.the next night.

Rock and a hard place for Hartley if that's true.

Probably fed up of the travelling from the west coast, and did it deliberately to get a move.

Should have got a smack on the back of the wrist, and told 'you are a very naughty boy Jeebsy' and that should have been the end of it. IMO.

2 hours ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Crazy logic if you ask me.

Regardless of how badly they may be performing, we don't part company with a manager until an agreeable replacement is lined up? 

There's literally a whole world of candidates out there who would be qualified, available and motivated to show what they can do with the fifth largest budget in the Scottish Premiership. 

Name one.

Then show me proof of this 5th highest budget.