All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No chance Greg is coming back, he needs to get the head down and impress the new manager. Ciftci on loan for 6 months in January? That's the type of signing I'd like to see Hartley making.

In the words of your good self;

No dabs at dens, thank you.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

In the words of your good self;

No dabs at dens, thank you.

I know, I admit it, but sometimes you've got to look at the bigger picture. IMO. We're crying out for a top class striker/poacher.

also the 'seethe' from the dayglo clowns would be good as well. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I think Greg stewart is a zola type player. May see the talent.

Sadly I think Zola will do his usual and sign a raft of Italians and then play them regardless of form.

What are you basing this on?

Ross was virtually ever present last season in a team that played entertaining football and kept the ball well, granted there were two exceptional players that carried the team.

The handful of games low has actually made the squad he has contributed nothing.

Pecking order of our midfielders in my opinion:

Hateley
Ohara
Vincent
McGowan
Ross
Low

34 minutes ago, baldragon said:

Ross was virtually ever present last season in a team that played entertaining football and kept the ball well, granted there were two exceptional players that carried the team.

The handful of games low has actually made the squad he has contributed nothing.

Hateley
Ohara
Vincent
McGowan
Ross
Low

Low played in a sensational cross from the left at the start of last season right onto Kano's head (against Hearts?). Not a massive contribution but a contribution nonetheless.

We definitely need a step up in quality in midfield if it can be argued that Low starts. We should be aiming higher than the likes of him, Vincent and Ross. They are decent cover as squad players but thats it. 

We had a great controller of games in Harkins, we need someone like him who can play the good balls and bring the forwards into the game.

Low is not the answer.

Hateley
Ohara
Vincent
McGowan
Ross
Low

I was referring to Low rather than Ross. I actually like Nick Ross as a player and don't understand why he isn't getting a look in although he was injured so if that's the case then fair enough. McGowan is a liability and our weak link at the minute, it's a blessing he's suspended for tomorrow.

Yeah was going to argue the point about Lows run and pin point cross for Hemmings v St Johnstone. He also came on at 2-0 down v the Dabs and we drew 2-2 in the end, maybe not directly involved in the goals but still an influence on the game. I wouldn't write him off just yet but if injuries stay the same until the summer then fair enough, get rid.

Hateley
Ohara
Vincent
McGowan
Ross
Low

Whilst I don't agree with your pecking order (Hateley - imposter) that list kinda shows why we've been so pish this year.

1 hour ago, Derry boy said:

El bak misses massive chance to equalise. Massively out his depth in this league unfortunately plus he is on a 3 year contract. Oops

That's two threads now you're giving him a hard time. He's hardly featured recently and in the 5 minutes he was on today he broke away from our half after taking out two Celtic players to start an attack and set up the 1-2 with Haber for his chance.