All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thoughts on this line-up.............

Bain

Hately    Gomis   O'Dea   Holt

Kerr   O'Hara   McGowan   El Bak

Yordi   Loy

Looks good. Maybe swap Loy and El Bak's positions mind.

Hartley has gotta be sticking two up front though definitely.

Thoughts on this line-up.............

Bain

Hately    Gomis   O'Dea   Holt

Kerr   O'Hara   McGowan   El Bak

Yordi   Loy

Weird - it's only showing 9 names on my phone but when I quote you Yordi and Loy are there.

I'd drop Loy and put in Ross. Hateley at full back and Kerr out wide. Hateley more experienced and Kerr more exuberant.

What's their reasoning?

That they spent 200k on a player that needs numerous chances, isn't the fastest, isn't the strongest and possesses no stand out features.

They've admitted though that he's been judged at a different standard since they forked out what they see as a huge amount of money.

Bain

Kerr Gomis O'Dea Julen Holt

McGowan       Hateley (Low 60mins)

El Bak             O'Hara

Yordi

Got to go 5 at back - Holt's lack of pace will be totally exposed otherwise. Bit more height and fight in this line up. No Ross or Loy at any stage, thank you                

That they spent 200k on a player that needs numerous chances, isn't the fastest, isn't the strongest and possesses no stand out features.

They've admitted though that he's been judged at a different standard since they forked out what they see as a huge amount of money.

I always felt last season everything went right for Hemmings and it was unlikely he'd maintain that goal scoring form. That said he's scored 3 for Oxford and he hasn't started every week.

I've been following their chat as well since Johnson ended up there as well (for considerably more too) and while they were very excited they seem to slowly be realising that they've paid (relatively) a lot of money for a player who might not be the superstar they were expecting.

At least Hemmings has scored a few goals for them.

Are they not sat 19th in the league having spent £1m+ on players in the summer?

Is that league a step up from spl then cause always thought Hemmings was a bit of a tank in our league and with decent pace.

Is that league a step up from spl then cause always thought Hemmings was a bit of a tank in our league and with decent pace.

I've always noticed a massive size difference in players when we play a pre season friendly against lower league English sides.

That being said, some players just fit. He had a telepathic link up with Greg Stewart which he no longer has.

When you think about Hemmings, his best ability was his prowess. We've had strikers that were faster than him (Griffiths), we've had Strikers stronger than him (Nade) and we've had Strikers that had a better strike (Curier) but Hemmings had all of these abilities and was a more complete player - so feed him and he'd score.

Some people just don't fit in at certain clubs. When you see utter duds like Lucas Akins lighting up the English lower leagues then you realise it's just luck.

Thought there were enough good signs today. El Bak playing off Yordi looks likely to come good as a combo. Hopefully Kerr's performance will convince any lingering doubters that he is our nail on right back - not the finished article but getting better every week. Bain coming for crosses again was a real bonus too, if he's going to progress he needs to do that a lot more. Williams (I'm not a fan of) really helped with adding dig and pace in front of Holt (like him but can't cope with pace). And most of all - no Ross or Loy in the starting line up. Tough games coming up but Hartley looks to be picking a line up to suit our strengths at last