All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently Bain was shouting at the fans again on Saturday? I get that we are OTT at times as a support but his attitude seems shocking.

I thought he was shouting at the fans too - but then again he seemed to be shouting at a good few teammates as well.  He may not have had the best start to the season but he was back on top form yesterday and was left exposed at times.  I'd rather he was shouting than not giving a toss to be fair.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 22:24, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The narrow formation is killing us - absolutely no protection for the full-backs and every team now sees that as our big weakness. It was fine when we had the players who could score for fun but unless he changes tack soon we are going to be in for a long hard season.

I mentioned in the game thread for the Celtic match that their wide game with Roberts/Sinclair/Forrest running at us will tear us apart.  We will have to cover for that and I can't see how - given current lack of fire power - we can shore things up out wide and launch any kind of attacking play.

"I think at the start of the day, the boys didn't really know what we were doing. Once we can get that shape and get ourselves together, we can get out of it. We just need a little spark.

"Confidence is fine. We know we're close. It's just a case of putting the ball in the back of the net. But we're not doing well enough defensively so that's where our problems are stemming from – both of those."

Bain's comments in the Herald today.
Not really sure what to make of that.

36 minutes ago, dd23 said:

"I think at the start of the day, the boys didn't really know what we were doing. Once we can get that shape and get ourselves together, we can get out of it. We just need a little spark.

"Confidence is fine. We know we're close. It's just a case of putting the ball in the back of the net. But we're not doing well enough defensively so that's where our problems are stemming from – both of those."

That was printed in yesterday's courier too and was surprised no one picked up on it. It doesn't make for good reading whatever way you look at it and can't imagine PH will be very happy 

39 minutes ago, dd23 said:

First sentence in particular looks like a dig at Hartley's tactics and / or preparation for the match.  

I've thought for a while now that Bain doesn't seem quite as happy or confident as he did last season.  Not sure if it's disappointment over not getting picked for the Scotland team or he has seen Stewart and Hemmings getting big money moves and fancies that himself.  Hope I'm wrong!

How longs Bains contract got left? 

Just from what folk are saying on here it seems fairly clear hes wanting to go, so it would be interesting to see how much you could get for him. Losing Bain, Stewart and Hemmings in one season would be a disaster though, not matter how much you got.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

How longs Bains contract got left? 

Just from what folk are saying on here it seems fairly clear hes wanting to go, so it would be interesting to see how much you could get for him. Losing Bain, Stewart and Hemmings in one season would be a disaster though, not matter how much you got.

2 year.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Do you'll think he'll see that out?

We'll sell him in a similar type of scenario as we did with Greg Stewart at the end of this season more than likely.

To be honest, I'm getting to the point where I wouldn't care if he left. Top keeper, questionable attitude.

Been offered a couple of free tickets for the away end on Saturday, tempted to take them just to catch some football before heading to Forfar for the Montrose game.

Is there plenty of pubs nearby that won't be filled with Celtic fans?

Been offered a couple of free tickets for the away end on Saturday, tempted to take them just to catch some football before heading to Forfar for the Montrose game.

Is there plenty of pubs nearby that won't be filled with Celtic fans?

Aye but they'll be full of Dundee fans too, go to Bowbridge. ;)