All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

United one went for £16k. I know Nelmsy is putting some money to help bid for it but I think we are out of our depth here.

No "Nelmsy" never. The money collected in recent weeks combined with some private donations and DFCSS money bought the sculpture. 

DFC and its supporters actually ended up contributing £20k to the Archie Foundation. £8k from the club to sponsor it and £12k from the supporters to buy it.

Out of our depth? A job well done by all for a great cause.

Get him in the BC beside the Anderlecht ball and our flag. It'll be a great wee place for kids etc to take pictures.

Afterall, it is supposed to be the 'family stand'.

I was in the BC against Dumbarton in the league cup for the first time in years and never seen the flag or Anderlecht ball? Must be blind.

No "Nelmsy" never. The money collected in recent weeks combined with some private donations and DFCSS money bought the sculpture. 

DFC and its supporters actually ended up contributing £20k to the Archie Foundation. £8k from the club to sponsor it and £12k from the supporters to buy it.

Out of our depth? A job well done by all for a great cause.

Nelms did contribute through private donation as far as I'm aware. It was him that asked DFCSS to try and secure it for the club.

ETA: 100% well done. When I seen how much the United one went for and who purchased it combined with how much we had raised, even with private donations - I thought we'd struggle. Great news that we did get it though.

Might be a little biased as I never sit in the Bobby Cox stand but can't help thinking it would be better to have the statue outside the stand, far enough away from the road to allow cars to still park at the shop. Would be a great meeting and photo point on match days and allows visiting fans the chance to see it too.

We don't have any bronze statues outside Dens, so this is the next best thing!

I think the best spot would be behind the dug-outs in line with the centre line, you would obviously have him on some kind of plinth, and then everyone could see him, would look good on televised games as well. Thank you.