All things Dundee FC

Craig Forsyth is facing an early retirement after rupturing his ACL for the second time, just after he recovered from the very same injury from last season. Complete shame that, didn't realise he was already 27! :(

31 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Craig Forsyth is facing an early retirement after rupturing his ACL for the second time, just after he recovered from the very same injury from last season. Complete shame that, didn't realise he was already 27! :(

Noticed he was playing at the weekend, never watched the game. Sad news, great player.

Yeah, I always thought he was pretty solid and stood out as one of their better players any time I watched them. Plays Left fullback iirc, no idea if he can play in the centre or on the right though.

Edit - well Wiki says Rightback. I could swear he played mostly on the left when I watched them. Dunno. Suppose RB makes sense given where we lack cover, yet we've no back-up Leftback either.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Yeah, I always thought he was pretty solid and stood out as one of their better players any time I watched them. Plays Left fullback iirc, no idea if he can play in the centre or on the right though.

Edit - well Wiki says Rightback. I could swear he played mostly on the left when I watched them. Dunno. Suppose RB makes sense given where we lack cover, yet we've no back-up Leftback either.

I think O'Dea can cover LB if it comes to it.

Williams, Holt, and Kerr in a pinch can play LB. We've only really got Kerr and O'Hara who is vital to the team elsewhere that can play RB. Hateley would give us more width and quality down the right.

If we got him in it'd be a sizeable upgrade on Cammy and Cammy would have the potential to go away and learn from his short stint in the side and improve again.

Hopefully it's enough for us to tempt St Mirren to part with Mallan. He's more than likely not what we need right now, but he'd be a brilliant addition and it's a no brained if we look at it in terms of a business investment.