All things Dundee FC

17 hours ago, harry94 said:

No one's said he isn't fit. He's just not up to the same standards as some other players in the team.

24 is generally considered quite late for a player to make that sort of step up for the first time (the majority of the counter examples to this were generally released from this level a couple of years before). It's doable but when you've got to consider that when others have had maybe 6 or 8 years of full-time work, there are going to be some attributes which are going to be harder to compensate for.  

I do think he's gotten better with this side of his game though and a good bit faster than people give him credit for. I wasn't calling into question his effort or the work of the coaches but it's a considerable disadvantage that will need a lot of work to overcome if he gets his move to a higher level.

Nonsense. Greg's as fit as the rest. The 1st season it's expected players new to full time football will pick up slight strains from time to time as their body isn't used to the full time training. Not that 26 months later he still isn't upto speed with the rest, which he isn't.

He needs coached on the defensive side of his game, not his fitness. 

A small sidetrack here so our under 20s go up to Cove Rangers tonight in the Challenge Cup. I thought it would be an interesting round of games to look at in the bookies as apart from our top league they don't seem to know how to price up Scottish football at all.

So Cove are 6/4 and we're 11/10 'favourite '. Those prices are reflected across the card with a lot of the spl under 20 sides keenly priced to beat Highland or second and third division outfits. It's a bit of a pricing error is it not? I think our kids will do extremely well to beat them up there.

Had a punt on a few anyway.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

He didn't. 

The PR machine at your club worked overdrive to convince you of the millions paid for the biter and Colin and Justin. The quoted figure was for all three. 

Hmmm. Ciftci was sold 6 months later. I'm assuming you're referring to the club statement stating that £1.2 million was received for Cifcti, McGowan, and Souttar?

Edited by Gibby82

I don't believe Stewart is a player Aberdeen are looking at to be honest. It sounds like he's made his mind up that any move will be down south. If we thought there was a chance of Stewart coming in then I don't believe we would of signed Burns. Aberdeen are well covered in the attacking position and any money(if any) would be spent elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

A small sidetrack here so our under 20s go up to Cove Rangers tonight in the Challenge Cup. I thought it would be an interesting round of games to look at in the bookies as apart from our top league they don't seem to know how to price up Scottish football at all.

So Cove are 6/4 and we're 11/10 'favourite '. Those prices are reflected across the card with a lot of the spl under 20 sides keenly priced to beat Highland or second and third division outfits. It's a bit of a pricing error is it not? I think our kids will do extremely well to beat them up there.

That's a really good shout.  Going to take a look at some of the odds for a wee punt...

Is the game not being played in Forfar? Definitely worth a punt either way.

4 minutes ago, Deestruction said:

Scott Burns of the Daily Mail reports ElBak2e has signed.

He's since deleted that Tweet. Tyrone from STV now Tweeting that we're about to complete the signing in the next 24hrs.

Edited by Dee-funked
adding to post

4 minutes ago, Derry boy said:

Could be a good signing but not sure. Got to wonder where he has been all his career at his age if he was as good as he seems. He scored alot for a good dunfermline team in that league but could be a gamble.

Playing a different type of football in France IIRC.