All things Dundee FC

Dundee reject 300k offer from a championship side. Goes against what I was told he would go for by a decent source. We won't get more than 500k I reckon.

Then he won't go.

No matter what it is absolutely ridiculous to shout abuse at Greg Stewart who is by miles our best player.
With regard to the Peterhead game it's only natural that Greg would be somewhat discombobulated by Hemmings' sudden departure.

Thumbs up for use of discombobulated.

The same article says we'll likely cave at 375k plus add ons. No thanks.

I was originally told he would be gone for 300k plus a few add ons, wonder if they are just taking their information from here. :lol:

Nut, just nut. Anything below 750k is shite for our best player. Too short notice to replace him if he goes and clubs will know we have money in the bank. I'd rather he'd go for f**k all next summer.

Was debating that with my old man yesterday - any clauses need to be Intl Calls or Appearance related. If he signs a 3 year deal, it's reasonable to say he's there until his "peak" years are over and his next move is downward or sideways for not much cash.

We've done a great job showing we can help elevate players, which should help when players decide their next move at a younger age, similar to what the DABs done. All about improving our negotiating position in the future now.

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Agree completely that it's certainly not just limited to Dundee though in fairness, in the case of Accies it's difficult not to feel they stayed up in spite of Canning rather than because.

I'm not even sure it's down to exposure to elite level stuff like Barca etc and more just that people are fucking idiots. My example is our cup game against Cove last season we were 5 (five) up and an old boy say behind me was absolutely seething that we weren't in double figures, apparently it "wasn't good enough Motherwell".

Having said that there's a weird immediacy and entitlement about sections of fanbases these days that I've definitely noticed, context goes right out the window.

It's just the same at our (County's) home games too. The last game of the season saw several supporters going wholly bat mental at our own Martin Woods, it led to several heated arguments women and kids walking out to get away from the nonsense. 

This wasn't from young neds but old barstewards 55+ We'd just had our most successful season in our history and the final home game was left like that, crazy! Guy's of that age, if they'd been fans that long would have seen County rise through all the leagues and find themselves sitting in a tidy wee stadium yet are still full of bitterness and bile, I just don't understand it.

2 hours ago, K.T said:

Personally I can't see Greg doing anything in England. Certainly not at that level. I anticipate he will disappear for a couple years until he's released and then signs for Aberdeen.

I think it depends on if he can find the right team.

His ideal scenario is a club with spare funds takes him on without really expecting him to start well instantly. If a team understand him well and their management buys into the sports science thing and he gets some fitness coaches who train with him daily, I could see there being the potential for him to really take off. It's maybe too late but when you look at him, fitness is his only limiting factor. Even at Dundee, he lacks behind many others in this area (just because he's only been a full-time footballer relatively recently). I honestly don't think there is a more talented natural footballer in the league (we consider it a bad game if he doesn't score a screamer).

If a team signs him without really knowing much about him and just throws him straight into the deep end with the expectation of replacing another player, I could see him struggling.

I think it depends on if he can find the right team.

His ideal scenario is a club with spare funds takes him on without really expecting him to start well instantly. If a team understand him well and their management buys into the sports science thing and he gets some fitness coaches who train with him daily, I could see there being the potential for him to really take off. It's maybe too late but when you look at him, fitness is his only limiting factor. Even at Dundee, he lacks behind many others in this area (just because he's only been a full-time footballer relatively recently). I honestly don't think there is a more talented natural footballer in the league (we consider it a bad game if he doesn't score a screamer).

If a team signs him without really knowing much about him and just throws him straight into the deep end with the expectation of replacing another player, I could see him struggling.

How long do you think it takes to get fit?

Just now, Fifespud said:

How long do you think it takes to get fit?

Foreign players who arrive in England generally take a year to adapt fully. I think that he'd be contributing sporadically after a couple of months.