All things Dundee FC

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nope. We'd want hard cash. I've got a better chance of turning out for Aberdeen than Aberdeen do of signing Stewart.

Agreed.  Fanciful rubbish and quite a pointless signing given our forward options.

I'm there. Cammy Kerr and Matty Allan look bored out of their nut.

Feel for you mate. Some of its horrific, Dabs probably deservedly ahead. They look a bit better than last year but those CH's still look a bomb scare. I would have thought they would have replaced them!

18 hours ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

Thing is, what can we really dae to try and get the boo boys to stfu? (beyond cracking pusses and getting banned ourselves??)

I moved fae the Derry to the Bobby Cox last season to get awa fae them, but it seems they're just everywhere in Dens.

I actually dinnae go to that many matches now because the atmosphere (if there is any) is fucking toxic.

We're turning into the new St Mirren.

11 hours ago, Deefiant said:

One of the things I dislike the most about the DABs is the sense of entitlement they exhibit alongside delusions of where there club should be.

Seems that now we have become the city's premier team again a few (although it seems to be more and more each week) of our fans think we've made it.

There's a boy sits not far from me in the coxy and he walks into the ground face fucking tripping him every week and ensures he gets everything out of his system over the course of the match.

I actually fear for his wife (if such a dour c**t can have one) now that Harkins is out the picture as he was his go to player for over the top, unwarranted abuse.

I've had a pop at this arsehole before, as have at least 3 others in the past 3 seasons - doesn't make a bit of difference. He's made his mind up before he comes to dens.

There is f**k all you can do with people like that but try and ignore them and stop the negativity spreading.

I don't think this problem is limited to Dundee fans, it appears to be creeping into our game at almost every ground.  Everyone has a right to slag their team or whatever but it seems like everyone is too exposed to Barcelona and the likes that they just jump on every mistake a player makes. 

Look at Hamilton last season.  Canning kept them up (again) albeit based on our shitness (and Utd).  But still he kept them up.  Hamilton fans still want him out though and shout him down at every opportunity.

No matter what it is absolutely ridiculous to shout abuse at Greg Stewart who is by miles our best player.
With regard to the Peterhead game it's only natural that Greg would be somewhat discombobulated by Hemmings' sudden departure.

I don't think this problem is limited to Dundee fans, it appears to be creeping into our game at almost every ground.  Everyone has a right to slag their team or whatever but it seems like everyone is too exposed to Barcelona and the likes that they just jump on every mistake a player makes. 

Look at Hamilton last season.  Canning kept them up (again) albeit based on our shitness (and Utd).  But still he kept them up.  Hamilton fans still want him out though and shout him down at every opportunity.

Agree completely that it's certainly not just limited to Dundee though in fairness, in the case of Accies it's difficult not to feel they stayed up in spite of Canning rather than because.

I'm not even sure it's down to exposure to elite level stuff like Barca etc and more just that people are fucking idiots. My example is our cup game against Cove last season we were 5 (five) up and an old boy say behind me was absolutely seething that we weren't in double figures, apparently it "wasn't good enough Motherwell".

Having said that there's a weird immediacy and entitlement about sections of fanbases these days that I've definitely noticed, context goes right out the window.