All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be a case of a journalist asking someone at the club and being told this, considering its the same journalists who broke the move, and had the first interview with the player.

I have literally no idea what you're talking about now.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Population of Oxford: 158,000.

Population of Malta: 455,000.

Unlucky. greggy.png

Population of Oxford: 158,000

Population of Birkirkara: 22,000

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-

If there wasn't a release clause, why would Dundee sell him for such a relatively paltry fee with two years left on his contract? Even if it was £500k, which I doubt, that's still well below what you'd expect to get for a guy who's just scored 25 goals in a season. We got more for Noel Hunt FFS, and I'm sure he had just a year left on his deal.

If there wasn't a release clause, why would Dundee sell him for such a relatively paltry fee with two years left on his contract? Even if it was £500k, which I doubt, that's still well below what you'd expect to get for a guy who's just scored 25 goals in a season. We got more for Noel Hunt FFS, and I'm sure he had just a year left on his deal.

We wouldn't have. There either is a release clause and we've kept it as an 'undisclosed' deal to soften the blow. Or there isn't one, and we don't want other clubs knowing how much we've received as we're still in the market so we've kept it as 'undisclosed'.

Anything less than £500k and it's poor business from Dundee. Let's not forget, Accies managed to punt Joel Thomas to Colchester for £225k after 2 goals in 26 appearances. There were circumstances involved there however as Paul Lambert was in charge of Colchester at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We wouldn't have. There either is a release clause and we've kept it as an 'undisclosed' deal to soften the blow. Or there isn't one, and we don't want other clubs knowing how much we've received as we're still in the market so we've kept it as 'undisclosed'.

Aye. The former seems more likely though. Can't see why Oxford local press would be reporting the figure to be well below their transfer record if they had actually broken said record, as Deeboy implies. And there was more than one newspaper highlighting this £250k figure, which I still don't think Dundee ever denied with a direct quote? To be fair to your board, I doubt even the most optimistic of them could imagine Hemmings would score so many goals, so it might not have been viewed as such a bad move at the time.

As shite as it is I'm glad he's not signed or either of the weagie cuntos or for shite like Aberdeen or Hearts. He isn't coming back to haunt us anytime soon.
We are a selling club. Good luck to the lad.

Aye. The former seems more likely though. Can't see why Oxford local press would be reporting the figure to be well below their transfer record if they had actually broken said record, as Deeboy implies. And there was more than one newspaper highlighting this £250k figure, which I still don't think Dundee ever denied with a direct quote? To be fair to your board, I doubt even the most optimistic of them could imagine Hemmings would score so many goals, so it might not have been viewed as such a bad move at the time.

The only reasons Oxford would play it down would be a) it was part of the agreement between the clubs and b) 'record transfer' heaps a lot of pressure on a players shoulders.

Failing that, and more likely, the figure of 250k is disappointingly correct.

Random Guy is always ITK on these matters.