All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, srw said:

Dundee are almost certainly out of the cup, and its not even August yet, absolutely comical.

FFS, what shite will Hartley spout this time.

He'll  say his usual...."that wasn't good enough" or "that's no acceptable" Aw he ever sez

1 minute ago, ravabelli said:

He'll  say his usual...."that wasn't good enough" or "that's no acceptable" Aw he ever sez

What would you expect him, or any other self-respecting manager to say? He can't exactly hang them out to dry. Managers have limited options in press interviews and I don't know why fans get so upset about them.

I don't want Hartley gone and think on the whole he's done a decent job since he started but what srw's said is hardly ridiculous. It's a complete and utter joke of a result and Hartley will rightly be criticised for it. Some folk seem hell bent on defending him no matter what 

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I don't want Hartley gone and think on the whole he's done a decent job since he started but what srw's said is hardly ridiculous. It's a complete and utter joke of a result and Hartley will rightly be criticised for it. Some folk seem hell bent on defending him no matter what 

It is tbh. Slating Hartley as a manager is simply ridiculous. There's a difference between hounding him for this utter cluster f**k of a start to a season and hounding him in general. It's as if some (And I'm not saying srw is one) want him to fail. That much is clear when you look at the forums. There's plenty of Dundee fans that thrive on misery.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It is tbh. Slating Hartley as a manager is simply ridiculous. There's a difference between hounding him for this utter cluster f**k of a start to a season and hounding him in general. It's as if some (And I'm not saying srw is one) want him to fail. That much is clear when you look at the forums. There's plenty of Dundee fans that thrive on misery.

You're always going to find stupid opinions on forums, it's the same for every team. As I said I don't want him gone but as a team we underachieved last season which was masked over by Relegation Monday and the poor displays tonight, against East Fife and on the first half on Saturday aren't showing progress . There's so much potential in this team to perform well in a league as poor as ours (2nd half on Saturday) but our defense is still holding us back and has been for about half a year, that lies with the manager.  I don't know any Dundee fans who dislike the guy which is uncommon for us but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism. 

Edited by Louis Litt

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

You're always going to find stupid opinions on forums, it's the same for every team. As I said I don't want him gone but as a team we underachieved last season which was masked over by Relegation Monday and the poor displays tonight, against East Fife and on the first half on Saturday aren't showing progress . There's so much potential in this team to perform well in a league as poor as ours (2nd half on Saturday) but our defense is still holding us back and has been for about half a year, that lies with the manager.  I don't know any Dundee fans who dislike the guy which is uncommon for us but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism. 

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. I think he's completely misjudged the balance between getting players minutes and treating these games seriously and we've been severely punished for that.

He doesn't deserve, and I'm expecting to see it appear at some point soon - people to be calling for his head after it.

I'm beginning to wonder if Hartley is clued up enough about the art of defending or if he can actually 'pick' a central defender. We've signed about 8 bombscares on the bounce and they seem completely clueless about how to defend as a unit. Rather than signing more mediocrity maybe we need a bloody good defensive coach to better organise the resources we have. I'm not calling for the man's head or anything remotely close to that but a decent cup run is very important to us on many levels. We were gifted an easy draw and we have completely blown it.

Erm, the Premiership hasn't kicked off yet but given that your playing your football in the Championship this season I can see how you've made your mistake.

Dunno. I have heard that the really difficult teams are in League One. Still, I am sure a big team like Dundee would have no problems dealing with teams of that calibre though.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

100% Agree with this, as embarrassing as some of the football has been, at this stage it's absolutely mental to be punishing Hartley.  Some of the stuff being hurled at players at the East Fife game and the Dumbarton game is just downright bizarre. Never did understand the philosophy of calling someone a f**king idiot to improve performance.

In all honesty the results are disappointing there's no denying that but we still have a full season to play. No point in writing the season off already. I think some of the fans criticising and moaning need to remember where we have been the past decade. Will never forget standing on the terraces watching our team with griffiths and Harkins getting beat by Cowdenbeath then going into administration again shortly after. Compare that to now and tell me we've not made progress

Reading elsewhere that Greg Stewart 'Sssh'ed' our fans when he scored and Paul McGowan at the end was shouting at fans saying that some boys are actually scared to do anything with the ball out of fear of the abuse they'll receive if they misplace it etc.

We can say we're as bad as everyone else, we can say 'we pay our money, we're entitled to vent' and we can say 'they deserved it', but what we can't say, is that it helps anyone at our club. Gives us a poor reputation as fans, and doesn't inspire the players to do well.

Totally agree Ludo. Our fans are always so quick to get on the backs of anyone struggling, it can't ever possibly help. 

I go to games in support of my team and that's exactly what I do - support them. Imagine verbally abusing someone on your football team, what support is that?!

Every single year I say this cup is an embarrassment and I personally could not give two fucks about it. Every single year people get their knickers in a massive bunch about going out of it. Every year (the last three) we've had decent enough seasons come the end. 

Edited by Deeboy

The league has to be the main priority for us as it is one of the main sources of our playing budget. If McGowan yesterday was saying players are afraid to misplace a pass because of the fans as is rumoured then he's totally right to get angry, in the -25 point season when the team went 1-0 down the fans didn't boo, they motivated the team. Why in the past few seasons does every pass or dribble that doesn't quite work warrant the player getting slated?