All things Dundee FC

I agree with that . My point is either extend his stay or cash in. He clearly has no intention of staying so our only option is to cash in..

Although clearly he has a wand of a left foot.. his work rate off the ball isn't great and I honestly believe that he's at his level with dundee..

Time will tell I suppose

He's been outstanding for us since he signed and for 2 years running has been voted by fellow players into the team of the year, and shortlisted for the player of the year. He'd easily fit into a team better than ours.

I understand the logic of wanting him to move on for cash instead of letting him leave for nothing, but saying he can gtf is a minter. He's been great for us and has earned a move where he'll at least double his wages. What more are you expecting from him?

Great response

I stand by it.

He's our best player.

I'd rather lose him for f**k all and keep him for a year.

If you only want boys who are desperate to play for Dundee then you're left with a squad of 2 in Wighton and Kerr - even them if they kick on and a Celtic/English team vine calling you won't see them for dust.

This time next season Bain and Henmings will be doing the exact same as Greg is now. All players are the same - they chase the money. If you're going to take it personally and get bent out of shape every time a player shows he's not "Dundee minded" you're in for a lifetime of disappointment.

Greg Stewart was a part time footballer, who probably thought he'd missed his chance in football as little as 2 year ago. He's now at a stage where he can show us a bit of loyalty or look out for himself for a couple of year and be able to live the rest of his life in complete comfort when his football career ends.

Even as a massive diehard Dundee fan. If Dundee could offer me their highest wage which would be around £3k a week or I could go down South and potentially add an extra £5-10 k on my weekly wage then it's an absolute no brained and it's for that reason I can't simply tell Stewart to 'f**k off then' because he's not accepting a new deal.

. But he clearly doesn't want to be a dee ... get him to fek in my opinion

:lol:

How did you feel about Caniggia, Nemsadze and others of their ilk. We are a stepping stone, a small fry window. The sooner you and others like you realise that the better. Even if we pif £1m for McFadden all those years ago, we'd be whoring him 6 month later.

Bain is our most valuable asset imo.

Im fine with Stewart going for nothing at the end of the season. Ask yourselves, if we were offered a player on a free transfer for 3 years and at least 2 of those years he was in the short list for player of the year, would you take him if the deal was he left for nothing at the end? Im sure I would!

Bain is our most valuable asset imo.

Im fine with Stewart going for nothing at the end of the season. Ask yourselves, if we were offered a player on a free transfer for 3 years and at least 2 of those years he was in the short list for player of the year, would you take him if the deal was he left for nothing at the end? Im sure I would!

I've no problem with Stewart knocking back the contract and looking for a better deal for himself.

I'm sure if nothing better comes along he'll put in another decent season and ensure he gets a move next season - or an improved offer from us. Win-win.

Still reckon we should take an offer north of 500k though. Not sure his worth to the team in terms of our season would be more than that at this point.

But wouldn't be telling him to GTF.

Danny Griffin and Jim Patterson CM 01/02, never forget. Often ended up at Arsenal :lol:

Zwick, Robson and Coote were in the very top bracket of UK based players for potential in last seasons game..

We really haven't had an all performing goal scoring fit and quality No 10 since Giorgi Nemsadze and before him Jocky Scott. Any player we sign at either of those two's quality level will suit me.

Keep the No 10 for a bit of class.

Amazingly, Nemsadze never scored at Dens.

He's probably more talented that every single St. Johnstone player ever, combined.

Considering we've had a player feature in the Final of a European Championship, I'd find that hard to believe...

Considering we've had a player feature in the Final of a European Championship, I'd find that hard to believe...

Mate, there's a whole host of ne'er do wells who have achieved "success" piggybacking off their team. Edited by DonnieDarko

Mate, there's a whole host of ne'er do wells who have achieved "success" piggybacking of their team.

Fair point.

We had Peaso aswell though.

Peaso > Nemsadze