All things Dundee FC

:lol:

I've just read the tele site, turns out we're asking Artur Numan and Mark De Vries to put names forward to us. I definitely got a name on Friday, I'm hoping it's just a coincidence I've been told we've a CH coming in from Holland and the tele run that story.

Noticed a few weeks back that a Dutch defender we had on trial a couple of seasons ago and didn't sign joined Reading. Think it was more financial than not rating him though but I do think we were looking at him as a forward which could maybe explain why he was overlooked. Danzell Gravenberch.

I'd take someone who looks as tough as him.

Everything, how on earth can he even be mentioned as a potential captain when there is almost no chance of him starting the season. Wonder what the fit players make of that, utterly baffling.

What if he starts the season though?

Even if he doesn't, a captain at a professional football club is more than just a captain on the pitch. Involves a lot more off the pitch than I think you realise. He's definitely got the attributes to be a good leader for us.

Everything, how on earth can he even be mentioned as a potential captain when there is almost no chance of him starting the season. Wonder what the fit players make of that, utterly baffling.

Captain's on the pitch are little more than glorified coin tossers because the only responsibility they have on the pitch is to call heads or tails. You're either a leader on the pitch or you aren't. Having an armband around your arm doesn't signify anything.

McPake is our most senior player, he's also now one of our longer serving players and was third choice captain anyways - behind Thomson and Gary Irvine. He was the natural choice IMO.

We really haven't had an all performing goal scoring fit and quality No 10 since Giorgi Nemsadze and before him Jocky Scott. Any player we sign at either of those two's quality level will suit me.

Keep the No 10 for a bit of class.

Tommy Coyne?

We really haven't had an all performing goal scoring fit and quality No 10 since Giorgi Nemsadze and before him Jocky Scott. Any player we sign at either of those two's quality level will suit me.

Keep the No 10 for a bit of class.

Nemsadze is a god, but a goal scorer in any sense of the word he was not.