All things Dundee FC

We'd be able to ask for Lee Erwin from Leeds. He's done absolutely hee-haw since he went down there.

He was signed as a player for the future, had little game time under a few different managers this season and been played as a left winger. Be a good signing for any Scottish club but think he'll be another year or two at Leeds.

Wouldn't mind us getting the bidding war going now TBH - make it clear he is free (if he doesn't accept our new offer by the expiry date), and get some real frenzy if at all possible.  Then try to flog Kane as part of a Super Package.

Edited by Deestruction

What kind of offers could we really refuse for Stewart?

Also the hemmings clause was a lot of shite then?

Providing our finances are in order we should accept no less than 300 grand...if that figure is not met keeping Stewart for another season is a no brainer..could be worth 3 times that if we consolidate our position in the league again, and add the possibility of a cup run.

Furthermore, this sends a clear message to any other potential suitors interested in any other of our players in the future that we are no longer soft touches in the transfer market.

Providing our finances are in order we should accept no less than 300 grand...if that figure is not met keeping Stewart for another season is a no brainer..could be worth 3 times that if we consolidate our position in the league again, and add the possibility of a cup run.

Furthermore, this sends a clear message to any other potential suitors interested in any other of our players in the future that we are no longer soft touches in the transfer market.

Whilst I accept we are obviously a selling club I just don't think 300k is nearly enough - more like double that IMO.

Say we pushed the boat out to try and replace him. Paying Kevin Thomson type wages for what we perceive as a wee bit of quality. Half of 300k could go in one season - certainly over a 3 year contract with no guarantee that the player would actually perform.

Ziggy and Ali would be decent signings IMO. Crawford was impressive in the recent game against us. Well apart from the fact he should've had a hat trick by half time :lol:

Think Bain is bound to attract interest too. Could be our prize asset tbh.

Whilst I accept we are obviously a selling club I just don't think 300k is nearly enough - more like double that IMO.

Say we pushed the boat out to try and replace him. Paying Kevin Thomson type wages for what we perceive as a wee bit of quality. Half of 300k could go in one season - certainly over a 3 year contract with no guarantee that the player would actually perform.

I personally don't think 300k is enough either. I said we should accept no less than that.

But in my opinion, below the 300k mark means not selling is the obvious decision. I would be happy if we got around the 450-500k mark.

And don't think you necessarily have to pay silly wages to replace him either.

If its 900k potentially for the club to consolidate ourselves next season we need to be looking for a bit more than 450k. Can see what your saying though. Edited by Yenitit

No surprise tbh. If I was in his shoes, didn't support the club and was at middle of my career then I'd want to move on to bigger and better things. He's probably got a family and will look for an offer which pays a lot more than we do. But it's still up to us the club who we agree a fee with and I'm sure we'll have a valuation in mind. I'd obviously not like him to line up against us next season so I'd prefer if he went down south but then again I want the club to get the most money possible. So if it's Rangers then so be it.

His goals and assists have been invaluable the past two seasons and he's played a big part in cementing Dundee as an established Premiership club again.

Greg is obviously talent but I feel he can be replaced. If we got someone with a good work rate who gets stuck in then it would make up for the loss of his dancing feet, IMO. Greg was at fault for the dab goal in the last derby because he was fucking around too much, and that wasn't an uncommon for him to do. I've noticed he also seemed completely reluctant to make a pass to a player making a run unless it was Hemmings. He's also been pretty anonymous against the bigger teams who know he will always cut in on his left foot and have defenders capable of stopping this. Yes he's brilliant and will be a loss but not irreplaceable IMO.

No surprise tbh. If I was in his shoes, didn't support the club and was at middle of my career then I'd want to move on to bigger and better things. He's probably got a family and will look for an offer which pays a lot more than we do. But it's still up to us the club who we agree a fee with and I'm sure we'll have a valuation in mind. I'd obviously not like him to line up against us next season so I'd prefer if he went down south but then again I want the club to get the most money possible. So if it's Rangers then so be it.

His goals and assists have been invaluable the past two seasons and he's played a big part in cementing Dundee as an established Premiership club again.

I think i'd be wanting the full fee in cash, upfront from that lot. :lol:

A sell-on clause might be a sensible shout also.