All things Dundee FC

Nice pun but on a serious not we need our player to bulk up abit not shrink in the wash

Whilst I agree with your sentiment there needs to be a balance and there is alwas room for a small, nippy, tricky player. He'd play the Harkins role but bring a different dimension to it.

With Harkins another year older may make sense to have someone to rotate with him / bring on for the last half hour. That may be Wighton tbf but Crawford has good pace and a good long shot - attributes we lack at the moment IMO.

I wonder who the winger/striker is PH has got in mind? And what kinda style he's going for next season?

Instinct is that it will either be Dow or El Bakhtaoui. Dow to Dundee rumours never go away and the impression I have is that Hartley is very keen on him and I also would think that we'd be one of many looking at El Bakhtaoui.

I'm more worried about this central midfielder. It has to be a proper defensive one or we will struggle next season. We can't just rely on McGowan to play that sort of role alone as we'll be in trouble every time he gets injured.

I think Harkins gets better the older he get he's turned into a box to box player instead of his young do feck all lazy self

As for balance the whole squad is week I can only name gadz and idea maybe Harkins as folk that have muscle as for the rest all abit light and small

We could definitely do with a bit of height in midfield, not interested if he's a hammer thrower or not.

Someone that's good in the air and can play a bit would be ideal. Obviously rules out every c**t at Tannadice.

Edited by Yenitit

We could definitely do with a bit of height in midfield, not interested if he's a hammer thrower or not.

Someone that's good in the air and can play a bit would be ideal. Obviously rules out every c**t at Tannadice.

That'll be Maros Klimpl then

I reckon if rumours etc are correct the 3 (full back, CM and winger/striker PH mentioned) will be Gordon, Mallan (i'd imagine after our low offer we will go back in for him) and El Bakhtaoui. Having said that PH loves going for the shock signings so prob wont be them.

I'd be delighted with Mallan. He's certainly not what we need in terms of squad balance but he'd be some coup for us. Quality player with a lot of potential.

I think a club like Leeds would be a no brainer for Stewart. Money would be far in excess of anything in Scotland bar the two cheeks but he could Prob still get a better deal for him down south. And if it doesn't work out for him he could come back up here relatively untarnished and get a premier league club easily.

I'd imagine the club would be able the get a better fee from Leeds rather than Aberdeen / hearts. No idea whether sevco have a 'war chest' or not.