All things Dundee FC

I think Calder had flashes of quality, but it was usually as a subby that he had an impact rather than at a sustained level when he got a full run out. To be fair to Calder I'm not sure that he is the right type of player for the narrow Hartley system where the full backs supply the width. I don't think that Hartley was going to change his system for one guy.

From my point of view Hartley is not favourable to the pacy winger approach - it worked in the draw against Celtic early last season, when both Boyle and Roberts tormented Celtic on our right flank. The letting go of Boyle, ok he should have scored many more goals, was for me indicative that Hartley prefers not to use classic wing play and as a result Calder was not exactly the round peg required for the round hole.

Like you Biggie, I'd like a wee bit more of this type of approach instead of our relatively uninspiring attacking tactics.

It begs the question - why did we take him on loan in the first place?

Wighton was very very dissapointing, just didnt work out.

I didnt expect to see an amazing player every week, but what you expect are flashes of great play - we didnt see any of that. He was played in multiple positions with multiple styles of football and just didnt cut it. We have had guys like Goodwillie, Templeton, Russell on loan before and all offered far far more.

Good luck to the guy, he might well make it. Just didnt work out.

Tbf he's a year younger than all 3 you mentioned when at Raith. Jay Rodriguez didn't set the heather alight at Stirling at the same age but has played premiership and for England.

Plus craig isn't a rapist.

Edited by wattie_rojas

I don't think that Hartley was going to change his system for one guy.

We'd often deployed Roberts, Boyle and Harris as wide men last season and in fact, when we signed Calder, Hartley was out in the papers saying that he was crying out for a decent winger but just couldn't find one that was technically gifted. I think he'd have absolutely changed it if Calder was a bit more adaptable and/or was signed on for the longer term.

It did come across like Calder wasn't keen on learning here from his first social media outburst so I'd speculate that he wasn't the easiest to work with.

Technically gifted wingers become Centre Midfielders.

I'm very narrow minded when it comes to wingers - pace and whipping balls. Without players who have both of those attributes, I have no problem in us playing Stewart as the Inside Forward and someone on the opposite side as the flat midfielder.

BBC stating that O'Dea expected to join subject to a medical.

Would be a good signing in my view. It's slim pickings in this transfer window and you're not going to get many match-fit, experienced players.

On the face of it, an improvement on what Dundee have already. I haven't personally seen him play in a few years though.

BBC stating that O'Dea expected to join subject to a medical.

Would be a good signing in my view. It's slim pickings in this transfer window and you're not going to get many match-fit, experienced players.

On the face of it, an improvement on what Dundee have already. I haven't personally seen him play in a few years though.

I'm with you on this one - a good signing who has been playing at a good level most of his career and knows the league.

Not seen him in years personally so it is a bit of a gamble on that front. The last player to come to the SPFL from the Indian PL was Stephen Pearson and he's doing away just fine. has he been playing recently?

Considering Dundee's CB situation, I think taking O'Dea in is a fairly good shout. Had a tough time recently but, as mentioned, above he knows the league and has performed well in it previously. Not sure if there's many better options out there for you to get someone in quickly. Could turn out to be a great move for both the club and him.

Just watching the Dundee derby again and some of the shite he came with was unreal.

Spot on. I spend a lot of the time watching replays of the game, abusing the c**t, kind of ruins the enjoyment a wee bit. The man is just a fucking arsehole.

Get voting for Kane Hemmings on the cover of FIFA 17. Look at the vote results so far to see who obviously make up the bulk of their readership and why they lick their arses so much...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/overthescore/6843375/World-in-shock-as-Messi-set-to-be-replaced-on-FIFA-17-cover.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-overthescoresun-_-20160106-_-SunScotSport-_-323972070-_-Imageandlink

You have got to love United Mad it is the gift that keeps on giving. Since Mixu was appointed all you see on there is " a couple of quality players and injuries clear up we will be fine". United are shite just accept it lads. On the other hand it would be funny if they keep spunky wages on players in the hope they stay up. This should leave them financially striken in the championship as their last accounts show a previous operating loss! Break out the popcorn this is fun!

Mixu saying he's away to get a shrink in to help with Uniteds demise. Fucking love the baldy wee roaster. He's genuinely off his rocker.

I'll be buying a top with Mixu's name on the back of it for the game in March, with a downwards arrow. Feel free to join me p&b Dees. We can give the nod of p&b appreciation at our teckle tops. FTA.

I'm starting to doubt how much jacko believes in his own guarantee

Is there anyone from United you would take for free if you could?

I'd take spittal or McGowan purely for the reason spittal is as almost as good as Gauld and given the games might well make a heft profit. McGowan on the other hand is a competent rb and very decent at this level