Lowland League Cup

HibeeJibee

took in the gretna game today to watch a lad for somebody. have to say dalbeattie were the far better organised side controlling most of the 90 minutes. only as cicero states, a fortuitous goal in the last minute, saved gretna from being knocked out. credit to both teams for an entertaining hard fought game. good luck to both gretna and east kilbride next sunday.

How did he do Gail?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also took some of this game in before I had to leave before extra time & agree with all that u have said, one thing that really stood out was the 2 gretna centre half's 4 & 5, constantly blaming everyone else but themselves, slagging everyone off on their own team apart from themselves , also never seen a centre half throw himself about like Ronaldo to get free kicks, bit pathetic for a defender

Was any of the centre half a inglis?

inglis was one of the two that qos is talking about fowler yeh. he is spot on with his comments as well. the individual i was asked to watch (apologies but he'll remain nameless) was posted missing for large chunks. best player on the park was the big dalbeattie centre half. the game swung on a dodgy decision and a deflected goal.

inglis was one of the two that qos is talking about fowler yeh. he is spot on with his comments as well. the individual i was asked to watch (apologies but he'll remain nameless) was posted missing for large chunks. best player on the park was the big dalbeattie centre half. the game swung on a dodgy decision and a deflected goal.

/quote]

He's a decent player too which makes the way he acts on the pitch all the worse! He's a diver aright! Quite a few decent players from each side so u could of been watching anyone but il put my candy on longcake

How did he do Gail?

he was well marshalled in the 90 min, very quiet. But because we were chasing the game in extra time and have to say we put so much effort into the first 90, our legs had gone, more space opened up for him.and a quality player like that can punish you

gretna are a very very good team pantaloon. i wouldnt say it was an off day. they've to much individual quality for off days. id say a poor decision in the last minute that lead to a deflected goal cost the better, over the 90 mins, dalbeattie team, the victory they deserved. you take all you can get in football though, fair or unfair.

gretna are a very very good team pantaloon. i wouldnt say it was an off day. they've to much individual quality for off days. id say a poor decision in the last minute that lead to a deflected goal cost the better, over the 90 mins, dalbeattie team, the victory they deserved. you take all you can get in football though, fair or unfair.

I can think of a few times where we have lost and left wondering how on Earth we lost as we were the better team. The first match against Edinburgh City at Raydale springs immediately to mind.

As you said that is football.

For all Dalbeattie's dominance in the second half I cannot think of many saves that our goalkeeper did make yesterday. He had no chance with Dunga's effort but I cannot think of many saves that he did make. I stand to proved wrong given the state of my short term memory.

old age comes to us all cic.????. yer spot on though. not many clear cut chances. dalbeattie always look a well organised well drilled unit. perhaps lack top quality in the final third compared to gretna kilby city etc. am at games to watch individuals these days but with dalbeattie a lot of results are gained by their managers ability to influence.

Gail I'm no scout but surely the 1st thing you should know are the players age??

Gail was just testing Cic's short term memory.

Any reports on the other semi?

Grimbo

rocky the first rule of scoutclub is you never talk about scoutclub. the second rule of scoutclub is to know the players age height weight diet past history and postcode. but never ever let on you know all this.????

Haha.

something all teams suffer from now and again....unfortunately

of course pantaloon, which makes me feel a bit sorry for teams like spartans, when they make a human error, on a team sheet and get thrown out a cup! But a referee can cost a club a place in a final because of a blatant obvious error, which was there for everyone to see, but yet that's okay?

of course pantaloon, which makes me feel a bit sorry for teams like spartans, when they make a human error, on a team sheet and get thrown out a cup! But a referee can cost a club a place in a final because of a blatant obvious error, which was there for everyone to see, but yet that's okay?

What can you do about it? We don't have enough referees to punish every mistake nor can you replay games. referees influence every single sport and watching NFL they even get it wrong sometimes when they have TV replays. It is infuriating however it is part of the game.

Archived