Lowland League Cup

HibeeJibee

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you have an opinion that it is not too harsh but you don't care to find out why, I thought the whole purpose if the forum was to generate healthy debate??

Ok so I wrote time lines wrong, you wrote we played him.....whatever

you got it in one......I won't be going near any rule book...im more than happy to go with a panel and there interpretation off the said rules....unlike others and there thoughts off a dodgy panel

I am all for fair play all I am saying is expulsion fair or not?

karma.....I don't get that at all.....why would us getting thrown out of tournaments be karma?

well in years gone by there have been discussions about clubs with more than one team having an advantage in regards to clearing suspensions and giving injured players game time etc etc.....I would imagine it may well be a clerical nightmare......

well in years gone by there have been discussions about clubs with more than one team having an advantage in regards to clearing suspensions and giving injured players game time etc etc.....I would imagine it may well be a clerical nightmare......

Magoo you are spot on, I guess like any team the bigger and more successful you become you do leave yourself open to mistakes.....victims of our own successes I guess.......

At last it's getting thro.....here's to many more successful years like 2014/2015.....although I will differ and say the bigger u become the bigger everything else should become. I see no reason why there is more chance off errors at Spartans than say at Ormiston or whitehill for example.......

Dalbeattie 1-3 Gretna (aet)

EK 6-0 Preston

So the Final on Sunday 17th May is East Kilbride v Gretna 2008. Congratulations to both. Another season-ender final for EK, first final for Gretna since 2013.

Dalbeattie 1-3 Gretna (aet)

EK 6-0 Preston

So the Final on Sunday 17th May is East Kilbride v Gretna 2008. Congratulations to both. Another season-ender final for EK, first final for Gretna since 2013.

A rather fortuitous equaliser in injury time for Gretna saw the match go into extra time when an Addison free kick was diverted into the goal off a Dalbeattie defender..

A brace in extra time from ex Dalbeattie favourite, Scott Milligan, put Gretna into the final.

Well done EK but total respect to Preston. Hard shift and stayed well in game to just after half time. Even when tide turned never stopped playing and with a bit of luck would have had a goal or two. Looking forward to final , great choice of venue and great last game for the lads who have done us proud this season

A rather fortuitous equaliser in injury time for Gretna saw the match go into extra time when an Addison free kick was diverted into the goal off a Dalbeattie defender..

A brace in extra time from ex Dalbeattie favourite, Scott Milligan, put Gretna into the final.

Free kick?? U have a few pints in the bar Cic?? Lol

Free kick?? U have a few pints in the bar Cic??

I remember it all came from a throw-in that Dalbeattie were moaning about.

Aye!!!..... the more I play it back in mind there were some Star players around Daz it is why I had to ask Doodle who scored because my view was blocked, No pints involved, just a rubbish short term memory.

Aye!!!..... the more I play it back in mind there were some Star players around Daz it is why I had to ask Doodle who scored because my view was blocked, No pints involved, just a rubbish short term memory.

Doesn't really matter who got the final touch it found the back of the net much to the annoyance of Star's no.5 punching the the turf in disappointment.

yip! The referees laughable decision making got you a late equaliser. When we were very comfortable at 1.0. It hurts to see the boys work so hard for 90 min, and it took away by a blunder from the ref! All the best to both teams in the final.

yip! The referees laughable decision making got you a late equaliser. When we were very comfortable at 1.0. It hurts to see the boys work so hard for 90 min, and it took away by a blunder from the ref! All the best to both teams in the final.

If the match had ended 1-0, I wouldn't have complained. I thought that we had the better of the first half but Star were definitely the better side in the second. However in extra time Dalbeattie looked a tired team.

If the match had ended 1-0, I wouldn't have complained. I thought that we had the better of the first half but Star were definitely the better side in the second. However in extra time Dalbeattie looked a tired team.

One word - believe

took in the gretna game today to watch a lad for somebody. have to say dalbeattie were the far better organised side controlling most of the 90 minutes. only as cicero states, a fortuitous goal in the last minute, saved gretna from being knocked out. credit to both teams for an entertaining hard fought game. good luck to both gretna and east kilbride next sunday.

Agree with all the above. Very lucky today.

With the exception of Whitehill at home probably our worst performance since being defeated at home to Threave at back in Oct/Nov.

Star looked to of exerted all their energy in 2nd half and were probably physically and mentally beaten in ET.

Semi finals are all about getting through

Good luck to Skin in whatever he decides to do, and good luck to Podge in new job.

i felt longcake was the difference in extratime. class act. should be playing a higher level soon. in the 90 minutes the 3 dalbeattie centre backs excelled. once again mcginleys tactics (skin is it?) were spot on. he.ll be a huge loss to the dalbeattie team, and as wee micky will be, to the league.

Archived