Lowland League Cup

HibeeJibee

I heard a rumour at the Liverpool game last night that Spartans had been kicked oot of this. BSC and WW just play oot a Desmond and through we go?
No even a red off Simps. Just what I heard Grimbo no smoke without fire ... ?
Do Spartans really not want to play in this tournament or can you give me Wednesday lotto numbers please :D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye ifs and buts but they didn't score their chances the same as if bsc had a touch on a right good few balls that flashed across kilbys goal in the second half i think ek best team in the first half and bsc better in the second half is a pretty fair account of the match but it was a good match to watch from two good sides

kilby keep going from strength to strength. they.ll take some stopping in this cup. bsc still have plenty to play for and am sure they'll do themselves proud in the regional final. 2 quality sides from the west are pushing the big boys from the east now.

Aye ifs and buts but they didn't score their chances the same as if bsc had a touch on a right good few balls that flashed across kilbys goal in the second half i think ek best team in the first half and bsc better in the second half is a pretty fair account of the match but it was a good match to watch from two good sides

League statement regarding alleged breach of rules.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Football Lowland League said "We can confirm that an alleged breach of the rules following the League Cup quarter final between Spartans and Preston Athletic on Saturday 2nd May 2015 has been brought to the Leagues attention.

"A disciplinary panel will meet within 24 hours and discuss what action, if any, should be taken.

"Any club who has disciplinary action taken against them has the right to appeal within seven days to the Scottish Football Association.

"A further statement is expected to be made within 24 hours."

League statement regarding alleged breach of rules.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Football Lowland League said "We can confirm that an alleged breach of the rules following the League Cup quarter final between Spartans and Preston Athletic on Saturday 2nd May 2015 has been brought to the Leagues attention.

"A disciplinary panel will meet within 24 hours and discuss what action, if any, should be taken.

"Any club who has disciplinary action taken against them has the right to appeal within seven days to the Scottish Football Association.

"A further statement is expected to be made within 24 hours."

So what have they done considering they prob have the biggest squad in the League So can't be ineligible player surely ?

They had their 43 year old goalie coach on the bench. He didn't actually play but was on the team sheet.

This sort of thing continually happens to spartans. They need to sort it out quickly. If the manager isn't on a shoogly peg- some of the board should be!

Just noticed the chairmans statement. He says he never knew you couldn't play trialists and takes full responsibility. Surely sammy and the coaching staff must have known? Imagine the first part of picking a team/squad is identifying all the available players.

I sincerely feel for the guy who holds his hand up and admits he made a mistake. I dread the day that I may have to do the same.

It is too easy to say he should have checked this should have done that etc. He may have had it his mind that the League Cup had same rules as the league or even the EoS League Cup (pre knockout rounds).

A mistake has been made and it cost the club their last chance of a trophy this season. He will have to live with it just like a defender who is slow to get back and plays a striker who scored a winning goal onside. However the defender is less likely to held accountable.

I sincerely feel for the guy who holds his hand up and admits he made a mistake. I dread the day that I may have to do the

It is too easy to say he should have checked this should have done that etc. He may have had it his mind that the League Cup had same rules as the league or even the EoS League Cup (pre knockout rounds).

A mistake has been made and it cost the club their last chance of a trophy this season. He will have to live with it just like a defender who is slow to get back and plays a striker who scored a winning goal onside. However the defender is less likely to held accountable.

Very well said, I feel for the person responsible.

I sincerely feel for the guy who holds his hand up and admits he made a mistake. I dread the day that I may have to do the same.

Well said Cicero. I'm bad enough trying to fill in teamlines for my school team.

yep agreed. these things happen. thats life. good on craig for admitting it.

They happen to spartans more than they happen to other teams.

Why don't they check and double check? The moment they decided to have the keeper coach involved, they should have checked the rule book to see, not just relied on someone thinking they know they can or not.

At this level its a very amateur mistake IMO.

and again hahahahaha

joke of a club....last 16 of the Scottish won the league last year...

jealous of Spartans, never good enough to play for them.....trying to work it out...but sheer lack of class is not in doubt

Archived