Lowland League Cup

HibeeJibee

Got to agree, crazy getting rid of Lawson at this stage of the season. Carnie doesn't have the experience to change a team in decline in such short time. Suppose the up side is he'll get to know the players and decide who is staying or going. The job is a tough one, Lawson won the first league in many years for ww then gets emptied season or so later.

So you say it's a crazy decision then you say it's ok cause he'll get to know players who'll be staying /going ?

Make yer mind up bud.

Would you agree LL more competitive than eosfl therefore having basically the same players as season when won eosfl just didn't work ? WW actually finished higher in the LL 1st season.

I asked the question on another thread, how many players did Mickey actually bring in to WW in his 3 years in charge ?

The bulk of that team I reckon is down to Rab Paget,who walked after a pumping at Spartans,yet someone said we in habit of sacking managers.

anyone remember him or know if he's still involved in the game ?

And didn't Mickey get emptied from Spartans for actually winning the league So 3 seasons is a long time in fitba bud ?

Ive already wished Mickey every success in his next venture and hope Grant can wave a magic wand at ww but Let's all just move on now.....

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WW had the better chances to score in an even first half. Second half BSC scored right from the kick off and the heads went down.

WW again without 2 Kidds, Doddsy, McGlashan, O'Donnell and Martin and started with 3 lads from U20s.

Take nothing away from BSC though, very good side and will be well up there next season. Second goal was a real cracker and knocked any remaining stuffing out of WW. Late 3rd but WW already well beaten by this time.

WW had the better chances to score in an even first half. Second half BSC scored right from the kick off and the heads went down. WW again without 2 Kidds, Doddsy, McGlashan, O'Donnell and Martin and started with 3 lads from U20s. Take nothing away from BSC though, very good side and will be well up there next season. Second goal was a real cracker and knocked any remaining stuffing out of WW. Late 3rd but WW already well beaten by this time.

bit fed up with the excuse of ah we had to play a couple of under 20 lads.!!! So what! We have played all season with under 20 lads in our first 11 . And so have prob a few other teams, so stop making poor excuses for yourselves.

Absolutely dal45, i would say all the teams have under 20s in their team is that not what the under 20s teams are for so if they have to step up to the senior team then surely thats good, i actually thought ww were pretty good last night but the early goal in the second half rattled them a wee bit but bsc were really good in the second half and the second goal from a 25 yard free kick was pretty special

bit fed up with the excuse of ah we had to play a couple of under 20 lads.!!! So what! We have played all season with under 20 lads in our first 11 . And so have prob a few other teams, so stop making poor excuses for yourselves.

I love you too dal :lol::lol::lol:

Whitehill well beaten 2nd half. Just briefly mentioned the 3 lads starting, why not? It's just a fact, you're seeing it as an excuse to do your usual WW bashing.

Just trying to say we only had 8 first team squad available to start.

More important if you read the 6 players that were missing who are regular starters, plus Noon and Quinn who were also out, then we only had 2 on the bench and they were also U20 lads.

Can't believe I'm gona agree with Dal here ????

Having an u20 side must be a great luxury to call upon when required.

At a rough guess I would say from Gretna's 16 man squad 9/10 players would be u20 and probably only 4 over 22

mantis ,,,,,,,,,,,,,if they dont play they dont get experience ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but if their good enough then no probs if their not then ive no doubt those that are not under 20s next season will be gone

Can't believe I'm gona agree with Dal here

Having an u20 side must be a great luxury to call upon when required.

At a rough guess I would say from Gretna's 16 man squad 9/10 players would be u20 and probably only 4 over 22

Currently a Squad of 18 (a couple of long term injuries)

11 under 20s

4 21-25

3 26-29

• 2 weeks later...

Quarter-Final results:

Dalbeattie Star 2-1 Vale of Leithen

Gala Fairydean Rovers 1-3 Gretna 2008

Spartans 4-0 Preston Athletic

BSC Glasgow 0-1 East Kilbride

Semi-Finals ties:

Dalbeattie Star v Gretna 2008

East Kilbride v Spartans

The better football team won on the night on park not suitable for passing football.bsc gave it there all but if ek took there chances it could have been more than 1 goal difference.

I am not sure about that. It was the proverbial game of 2 halves, EK were better in the first half, but BSC really went for them in the second and in doing so may have left themselves open allowing EK the chances.

Archived