Would anyone have concerns for their job after a Yes vote?

Zetterlund

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work for a UK government department. The White paper suggests we'd have a good chance of being employed in a new Scottish agency however most of my colleagues will vote No in order to keep their jobs safe. I think we would be employed in a new Scottish agency; if not I'd be pretty confident that I could a decent job in some other new Scottish agency so I would happily lose my job for a Yes vote.

Imagine if they voted No and Yes still won.

Wouldn't feel great would they? You should tell them that.

My job is only a wee bit dodgy because the oil companies are 'taking a wee breather' while the situation gets sorted out I reckon.

It really makes no odds to them who they pay their taxes to. If anything, I would expect to be a bit busier after a Yes vote because the Scottish government (whoever it was) would need some extra cash in quickly.

Well my job now isn't safe in the union

I wouldn't be bothered about not being at Menzies tbh.

I think my job would be fairly secure though , if part of our job is Southern Ireland then i cant fathom why it would be a problem

:lol::lol::lol::(

It's the 19th of September we find out their decision on whether we close or not.....

What's Menzies? Why would it close?

Not the company itself but the CSC, Menzies delivers the papers/magazines to the shops

There are two customer service centres, ive not been in to have the full story yet but basically im told that we find out in two weeks if we get to keep our jobs

the timing and timescale stink to me

Menzies are and have been making cuts all over the place for the last few years. Won't have anything to do with Referendum. I work in Insurance and I have no idea how a Yes vote will affect my job. My employer hasn't mentioned it once.

We have aye but i dunno the timing of it and the timescale seems very off , basically the other customer service centre is in England and one lot of us is losing our jobs.

I'm definately leaving either way now , my job is clearly not secure there no matter the decision.

Given that I work in a national team for a national organisation I probably should be. Then again Network Rail (Scotland) are already devolved from London and those bridges will always need some care and attention.

So I'll be voting Yes and we'll see what happens. A reshuffle possibly, but certainly no risk of redundancy.

Not that I'd have considered voting no in any case. I'm too big and daft looking to be intimidated into a No vote. In the absence of any positive case for the union that's all BT have offered.

Archived