Harry Cardwell

gtbahfm

4 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Have you ever heard of such a thing as a substitute?

Yes, I'm the idiot for thinking that Scotland shouldn't be picking guys of the calibre of Harry Cardwell, now playing in the English sixth tier, just in case they turn out to be good.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, I'm the idiot for thinking that Scotland shouldn't be picking guys of the calibre of Harry Cardwell, now playing in the English sixth tier, just in case they turn out to be good.

I've no opinion on this player, I've never seen him play.

But I completely agree with capping to try and tie down good young players who have other options.

It doesn't mean we instantly become uncompetitive because we're giving a young player 5 mins. Which is what you were saying.

Its planning for the future.

22 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I've no opinion on this player, I've never seen him play.

But I completely agree with capping to try and tie down good young players who have other options.

It doesn't mean we instantly become uncompetitive because we're giving a young player 5 mins. Which is what you were saying.

Its planning for the future.

There’s an awful lot of young players out there who have options other than us. If you planned on giving them all 5 minutes to tie them down the entire squad would be full of them. About 95% of them would be one cap wonders as well.

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m quite glad we didn’t give out a cap to a striker who - now in their mid 20s - is playing in the English National League North with 3 league goals in their whole career.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

There’s an awful lot of young players out there who have options other than us. If you planned on giving them all 5 minutes to tie them down the entire squad would be full of them. About 95% of them would be one cap wonders as well.

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m quite glad we didn’t give out a cap to a striker who - now in their mid 20s - is playing in the English National League North with 3 league goals in their whole career.

Of course, thats exactly what I meant. Fill the complete squad of uncapped players.