Partick Thistle vs Inverness CT - 13/09/14

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always struggle at Firhill. I've only seen us win once there back in August 1998. We could be on a 100-game unbeaten streak beating teams 8-0 every week and we'd lose there IMO.

We always struggle at Firhill. I've only seen us win once there back in August 1998. We could be on a 100-game unbeaten streak beating teams 8-0 every week and we'd lose there IMO.

I thought Patrick played at Fir Park?

Now that Butcher is gone you might fare better. He has an awful record against us everywhere he's coached, and the majority of the time we've played you in the last decade or so he's been your manager.

I'd take another shitey 0-0 like the one in the second half of last season.

Eta - I just looked up the head-to-head, and Butcher only ever managed you 5 times against us, and only twice at Firhill. 1 win, 1 loss. So that was pretty much a load of shite.

Thistle be a great game, hahahahahahaha, ahahaha...

Anyway - I'm confident of winning this, provided Seabourne is available and Stevenson isn't playing as a central striker for the bulk of the match. Do wonder if Eccleston will be on the bench, and if so whether its at the expense of Doolan.

ICT have won twice in 90 minutes in 10 visits to Firhill, once in 1998 and once in 2010. It would be good for us to be someone's bogey team for a change.

Long way out to predict the team but I assume Eccleston will get another run out for the development squad next week to get some more match fitness, and hopefully McMillan will be back as well, which would pretty much have us at full strength. Whether full strength is any good or not remains to be seen.

Not sure if I fancy us for this, despite Inverness' poor record at Firhill. I'll go for 2-1 Caley. Be interesting to see how we line up for this. Have a feeling Archie will stick with Stevenson up top for some unknown reason, but I would like to see us lineup like:

Gallacher
SOD Balatoni Seabourne Carroll
Fraser Osman

Higginbotham Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

Maybe harsh on Bannigan who I think has been good this season so far.

Edited to amend my previous f**k up.

Not sure if I fancy us for this, despite Inverness' poor record at Firhill. I'll go for 2-1 Caley. Be interesting to see how we line up for this. Have a feeling Archie will stick with Stevenson up top for some unknown reason, but I would like to see us lineup like:

Gallacher

SOD Balatoni Seabourne Carroll

Fraser Osman

Higginbotham Stevenson

Doolan

Maybe harsh on Bannigan and Lawless who I think have both been good this season so far, particularly the former. If Stevenson wide doesn't work then can bring Lawless on to add more pace.

Particularly harsh on whichever of Bannigan or Lawless you are dropping to be replaced by no one in your team of 10 men.

Archived