Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forrest is decent, but he needs a move to a bigger club than Celtic til we find out if he's good enough for the national side.

Perhaps if he goes up a level from Celtic to Hull, Burnley etc we will find out.

Although he has been injured, Forrest is the most overhyped Celtic player since Brian Mcclaughlin and will eventually fade away just like Brian. Its alright having a bit of pace, but when you continually just run up the wing get the ball and run into the nearest defender about 20 times every game you realise hes just pi*h

My Celtic pals say he is better than what Saint Aieden was at that age

Naw, he's not. Still a very talented player though who was been terribly unlucky with injuries. Dismissing him as shite is complete nonsense. His talent is evident, it's staying fit that's the problem. An admittedly huge one in fairness.

Forrest has 9 caps in 3 and a half years, not a great record. In fact I'm sure he has pulled out of more squads than he has caps

Like you were sure he was fit when the squad was made.please stop posting your making me cringe

Only seen brief highlights since I got back last night- pretty much agree with the comments about the ref - however...

1) I assume Steven Fletcher's blocked header wasn't a handball? There was a bit of a shout but think it was mainly from the crowd. He should have burst the net with it regardless. Haven't been able to find highlights containing this.

2) it's tight but I think the corner for the second goal goes out of play before swinging back in.

Encouraging 2nd half but we need to play at that level in the next 3 games, and if we do I think we'll get 7 points.

Only seen brief highlights since I got back last night- pretty much agree with the comments about the ref - however...

1) I assume Steven Fletcher's blocked header wasn't a handball? There was a bit of a shout but think it was mainly from the crowd. He should have burst the net with it regardless. Haven't been able to find highlights containing this.

2) it's tight but I think the corner for the second goal goes out of play before swinging back in.

Encouraging 2nd half but we need to play at that level in the next 3 games, and if we do I think we'll get 7 points.

I'd say this is a minimum.

If we finish behind a footballing minnow like Ireland we should be ashamed of ourselves.

HAHA! I see you have got the United Kingdom flag in your avatar. Ireland are not a footballing minnow. Neither are Poland or Georgia in this group.

A footballing minnow to me is Faroe Islands, San Marino etc Hope i have spelt these right.

Forrest is the most overhyped Celtic player since Brian Mcclaughlin and will eventually fade away just like Brian.

It's a shame for Brain - he was in the Celtic team that couldn't win a league title against Rangers. I agree with you that Forrest just has the pace. Once he loses his pace i think he might be playing for a smaller Scottish team, like St Mirren.

Forrest is decent, but he needs a move to a bigger club than Celtic til we find out if he's good enough for the national side.

Perhaps if he goes up a level from Celtic to Hull, Burnley etc we will find out.

Oh here we go again Mr H_B with the UK flag. I sense your abit bigoted, anti-celtic. Anyway i agree with you that Forrest is decent. I don't think Forrest is good enough to start for Scotland at this present time. I love Anya, does Forrest play in Anya's postion, if so got to put Anya first. I think Gary Mackay-steven from Dundee Utd is a good, skillful player - i prefer him to young Forrest.

Celtic are a big club, i did believe Wanyama and Forster were too big for Celtic - and i was happy for them when they made there big moves down south.

Yes, i finally agree with you at something! A level up from Celtic is Hull, Burnley etc.

Nah, McGeady was and is much better than Forrest.

It's a shame for Brain - he was in the Celtic team that couldn't win a league title against Rangers. I agree with you that Forrest just has the pace. Once he loses his pace i think he might be playing for a smaller Scottish team, like St Mirren.

You could say the same about Anya though - his biggest asset is undoubtedly his pace. He has good close control and can finish (like Forrest) but has an iffy cross/final ball.

Fact is a fit and in-form Forrest could be an excellent asset to the Scotland side the same way Anya is.

Since Forrest made his debut, Scotland have played 27 games. He has had 9 caps

And he has to fight for his place against other wingers guys like Maloney GMS Burke Conway Snodgrass even Morrison can play on the right McCormack and Naismth to name but a few

Is there a more bitter man than Andy Goram after the other nights game. He may have a point about Marshall at the second goal but his article in today's Sun really does lack class. It's quite clear he wasn't happy that his pal McGregor wasn't playing

Suppose you can expect nothing less from him

Archived