Killie vs St Mirren - 13/09/14

I think the fact Lex has only commented once contributes to that. He is, after all, Killie's biggest fan and poster.

It's over a week to the game FFS :lol:

I will comment more in the run up to the game, just for you :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be completely honest, it's really embarrassing for a club of St Mirren's size that they have players in their squad who were signed just because they play, or used to play, for Man City and represented England at youth level. That and guys who spectacularly failed at other Premiership clubs. A real shame.

To be completely honest, it's really embarrassing for a club of St Mirren's size that they have players in their squad who were signed just because they play, or used to play, for Man City and represented England at youth level. That and guys who spectacularly failed at other Premiership clubs. A real shame.

We aren't Dundee fans FFS :lol:

Why you bothering? We must've went out of business 3 Christmases ago according to you sources.

I'm glad you are around to remind me :) Was only going on what I was told at that time, time has proved it was a pile of pish ! Anyway will pop into your great bar at the ground for a pint. Will even buy you a pint

50569419.jpg

I'm glad you are around to remind me :) Was only going on what I was told at that time, time has proved it was a pile of pish ! Anyway will pop into your great bar at the ground for a pint. Will even buy you a pint

No worries at all, I'm sure when someone tells you a reliable source has it on good authority that your team is about to die it would stick in your memory ;)

Enjoy your trip to the theatre of pies. Hope all is to your liking, except the result obviously. Another 3 points would help us to carry forward a surprisingly decent start to the season.

Suppose we have to get back to the bread and butter after a welcomed break.

I'd be tempted to start Goodwin ahead of McGinn for this one and push McLean up to support Ball or Caldwell. McGinn and McLean haven't been played in their best positions. Wylde's injury has disrupted the team a bit, McGinn filling in on the left isn't ideal. McLean has been sitting in deep doing the 'quarter back' role, not to great effect. Most of his long range passes this season have been off and we haven't seen much of his attacking threat because of this. Play the best players in their best positions, Danny didn't learn that quick enough and it cost him his job. TC better do the same and quick.

Goodwin will also provide better defensive cover, I don't think we should be going all out against Killie. Keep it tight and hopefully sneak one on the counter. We aren't scoring enough goals to say to Killie you score 2 we'll score 3. We need to get at least a point here.

-----------------------------------Kello-----------------------------

------Naismith------Cheesy------Plummer------Tess-----------

-----------------Goodwin----------Osbourne------------------------

------Marwood-------------McLean------------Wylde-----------------

-----------------------------Caldwell--------------------------------------

Prediction Magennis to score but Caldwell to grab a late equaliser and hopefully kick start our season. 1-1.

By all accounts, the side chosen against Inverness just didn't work. Sammy Clingan missed the Northern Ireland game so it seems unlikely that he'll feature at the weekend, which might neccesitate a return to the 4-4-2 that had been relatively successful in previous weeks. I'd like to see us go with:

Samson

Barbour Ashcroft Connolly Chantler

Hamill Slater

McKenzie Johnston

Magennis Ngoo

That side should have too much for St Mirren, and I fancy us to win pretty comfortably. 3-1, with Ngoo, McKenzie and Magennis grabbing goals.

Yes :bairn .

Don't know when he'll be back.

Great news for us. Always nice to see an opponents best player miss out :thumsup2

By all accounts, the side chosen against Inverness just didn't work. Sammy Clingan missed the Northern Ireland game so it seems unlikely that he'll feature at the weekend, which might neccesitate a return to the 4-4-2 that had been relatively successful in previous weeks. I'd like to see us go with:

Samson

Barbour Ashcroft Connolly Chantler

Hamill Slater

McKenzie Johnston

Magennis Ngoo

That side should have too much for St Mirren, and I fancy us to win pretty comfortably. 3-1, with Ngoo, McKenzie and Magennis grabbing goals.

Great news for us. Always nice to see an opponents best player miss out :thumsup2

I think Killie will fancy their chances of getting at our defence. If Magennis is in the mood he can cause an off form McAusland some problems.

A BBC reporter mentioned he will be out for another few weeks. Assuming he is back by the start of October it will still take him at least 4-6 weeks to get match fit. We'll be lucky to see the best of him by December given his age. Worrying times. Caldwell looks a decent player but is still very raw, not sure what to make of Ball yet.

Thomson's a real loss, when he played he seemed to bring others around him into the game and create space for them to shine. Can't think of any reason why any non-St Mirren fan wouldn't like him tbh.

As for Magennis, I assume he'll be fired up. If I were AJ I'd cry at the loss of my hair be in his face before the game and getting him to go out there and prove a point to the team that didn't want him permanently.

Disastrous news re Thommo. I think it was Killiesquirrel I had my charity bet with, you're looking good. :(

Almost forget what it was like to get excited following your team till the other night.

Heading down to this regardless, will be my first visit to Rugby Park and another ground ticked off the list. What's the score with parking near the ground? Best place for a pint before the match for away fans?

Disastrous news re Thommo. I think it was Killiesquirrel I had my charity bet with, you're looking good. :(

Almost forget what it was like to get excited following your team till the other night.

Heading down to this regardless, will be my first visit to Rugby Park and another ground ticked off the list. What's the score with parking near the ground? Best place for a pint before the match for away fans?

Indeed. Unfortunately McKenzie has yet to score in the league, as he has been playing Right mid and I expected him to be upfront (before signing of Ngoo and Magennis we placed this). But yeah.

You could park in tesco and walk round to the Brass and Granite, that's most popular with the away fans IIRC.

Thomson's a real loss, when he played he seemed to bring others around him into the game and create space for them to shine. Can't think of any reason why any non-St Mirren fan wouldn't like him tbh.

As for Magennis, I assume he'll be fired up. If I were AJ I'd cry at the loss of my hair be in his face before the game and getting him to go out there and prove a point to the team that didn't want him permanently.

Yeah it isn't just about his goals, its about his presence too.

Expect big Josh to be fired up. He has the pace, power and presence to cause problems at this level, he is just really raw. Gets in good positions but then acts like he has never seen a football before. Hard to dislike the big guy though.

It was just after the Dunfermline game when the guy tweeted it. Don't think the club have mentioned any length of time he will be out for.

The bus normally drops us off round the corner from the ground so we only have time to go to the Hotel. Normally busy with both sets of fans.

Archived