Super Ayr v Stranraer

Lacklustre performance from Ayr. It looks like it doesnt matter much to some of them, back 4 were decent with murphy a class act, Campbell was Campbell, steady, McGill and Forrest offered nothing in the wides areas, McLaughlin blows a gasket after 30 minutes, McGovern playing out of position, Gilmour running about lost, never quite up on the play, doesnt make blocks or pressure defenders in the midfield or the final 3rd but gid on the ball, so am i mind you and im nearly 50. Donnelly stands about through the middle, doesnt run the channels or hold things up, Shirkie another Shankland, Slane the trialist is another child superstar who has had a couple of good games 5yrs ago at Motherwell and everyones still waiting on the next good game, Beattie not fit, decent knock-downs, cumbersome but doesnt look like a 15 goal a season man aka. kevin kyle. Highligh of the day was Roberts clowning around with the linesman, standing on his boot, offering him money after he flagged for off-side. Embarressing. Aye hes a joker right enough eh. We dont pay you to clown around, your paid to win games and get Ayr out that Shitey league!!!!!

Pretty good summery of how it went m8.........though I think Shirkie has a lot more to offer than Shankland over did

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely shit, dire game. Thought both teams were poor. Heard from someone sitting in the stand that the Stranraer bench were a wee bit out of order with abuse towards the ayr bench. I think it was the Stranraer assistant being a absolute dick!?

Probably no more abusive than Ayr fans are to their own bench.

Absolutely shit, dire game. Thought both teams were poor. Heard from someone sitting in the stand that the Stranraer bench were a wee bit out of order with abuse towards the ayr bench. I think it was the Stranraer assistant being a absolute dick!?

Aitken was definitely giving the Ayr fans some stick, but I didn't see too much being aimed at the bench.

Guest honestrae95

What's it got to do with your hapless not-even-in-the-play-off-spots mob?

Morten fans really are attention seeking morons.

It's ok Cliche, we can let AyrshireTon celebrate his big teams victory over us this once. I see his wee team also managed to scrape past Airdrie. ;)

Had to smile at one ayr fan on their honest page posting ...same old Stranraer playing long balls, our 2 front men are 5.8 and 5.7 in height. perhaps he was thinking about his team last year 6.5 striker and hoofball all the time. all Ayr posters were complaining about the way the were playing. must be sour grapes from this poster.

Spot on Thomas, I dont know what game he was watching ? Thought your front 2 worked really hard especailly the lad Stoney who never stopped running and closing down. We have one of similiar age and pace to him but he couldnt or can't get near the 1st team for ex-old firm players who were decent players years ago. Credit to yous as well playing a front 2 away from home whilst we sat at the top of the league and played 1 man up front centrally who didn't move whilst 2 young boys are asked to work like trojans up and down the wings and defend as well as create something. Our older pros offered nothing to support them. All looked like they were playing looking after themself. Im alright jack kind of attitude, not my fault we got beat. Poor show from Markos mates!

Spot on Thomas, I dont know what game he was watching ? Thought your front 2 worked really hard especailly the lad Stoney who never stopped running and closing down. We have one of similiar age and pace to him but he couldnt or can't get near the 1st team for ex-old firm players who were decent players years ago. Credit to yous as well playing a front 2 away from home whilst we sat at the top of the league and played 1 man up front centrally who didn't move whilst 2 young boys are asked to work like trojans up and down the wings and defend as well as create something. Our older pros offered nothing to support them. All looked like they were playing looking after themself. Im alright jack kind of attitude, not my fault we got beat. Poor show from Markos mates!

Was impressed by the two young lads you mentioned both clever on the ball and pacey.was not a great game.

Nothing better than pumping you 2-0 at Somerset and still seeing the excuses flying about. A wouldn't say any team was great but i thought we deserved it on our second half performance. Ayr kept the ball well in the first half but never did much with it. Ayr let us come at them in the second half and sat off which was to prove costly. Was really impressed with Stoney up front and am starting to warm to Gibson as much as it pains me to admit it.

Still think improvement is needed but if we want to challenge for a play off spot. Perhaps we were spoiled last year but.

Archived