Super Ayr v Stranraer

Totally lethargic performance from Ayr today.

First half was a non event really with both teams attempting to knock it about with not much end product.Second half was similar with us squandering a couple of good chances before Stranraer stepped up a gear and scored a couple of goals and saw the game out pretty comfortably.

We didn't play with anywhere near enough pace or urgency(Mikey Donald excepted)and can't complain about the end result at all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifcraig beattie.jpg

Craig Beattie scoring in the 88th minute to complete his hattrick and Ayr's 8-0 demolition.

Most glorious.

:)

Going to be pessimistic and say a routine 3-0 victory, Hutton to run up the park and nab the 2nd cause he's bored.

Normal service to resume as we spank our south-westerly cousins back to the land of the ferrys

Oh dear, this has Man City Stoke written all over it. although I'm sure the City fans were less confident.

^^^^^^^^^

Kens the score.

Thank you Stranraer - rolling over for the Ton, pumping the Honest men.

Do keep it up. ;)

What's it got to do with your hapless not-even-in-the-play-off-spots mob?

Morten fans really are attention seeking morons.

In truth, Stranraer are my other Scottish team.

If we'd had no game on, I'd have been in the away end at Somerset Park today.

Thought it was an awright game with zero cutting edge up front for either team. Both teams missed sitters in first half. Plenty of good passing for this league. People actually thinking and trying to do the right thing.

Great first goal for Stranraer and I stormed out in the huff at the idiotic mistakes made in the lead up to the second. We got so nervous when we went down. It was just when we were starting to do a bit, few songs went up. We got our big named signing on to lead the charge and boom great timing for them to score. Plenty of time for us to get it back but we didn't. We shat it!

Fair play to Stranraer no complaints

Oh wait I do. If Forrest had tried that messi run across the box and try to hit it in the corner once more I was going to run on the pitch. Montgomery burns has more power in the shot FFS

Ayr played good passing football in the first half and were the better time. Total collapse in the second half. What happened?. Craig Beattie looks at least a stone overweight and not natch fit. Gilmour, mclaughlin poor and Campbell is really struggling now. Loved the timewasting and that Gibson is rank rotten.

Loved the timewasting and that Gibson is rank rotten.

We still went up the park and had a go when we were 2-0 up, but it's only natural to play for time when you've got a healthy lead. And maybe it's just the blue-tinted spectacles, but Gibson seemed to cause your right back plenty of problems in the second half. Just saying.

Guest TOPFITTER

1st half Stranraer well off their Falkirk Cup-Tie pace and Ayr should have been out of sight by half-time.Second half Ayr seemed to tire badly after 10 minutes, Centre-halves followed soon by rest of the team and Stranraer could have made it more comfortable. Nice touch by Gibson to applaud the Ayr faithful for their input on his way to the bench with 10 minutes to go. Thought it ironic the player I judged the least effective on the park scored the 1st goal !!! What indeed do I know :unsure:

Not sure I agree that Ayr should have been out of sight before half time. They looked the brighter and had a big chance early, but they lacked in the final third and Stranraer did look comfortable at the back most of the time. In the second half, the visitors looked more and more dangerous, but it wound up being utterly shocking defending for both of the goals. Probably the two worst bits of defending of the half, and both were punished severely, so I think credit has to be given to Stranraer for that.

Gibson was getting a fair bit of stick from Ayr fans in the main stand. Was quite funny watching Aitken giving it big licks after the two goals. Had to work hard not to have a good chuckle at it.

Lacklustre performance from Ayr. It looks like it doesnt matter much to some of them, back 4 were decent with murphy a class act, Campbell was Campbell, steady, McGill and Forrest offered nothing in the wides areas, McLaughlin blows a gasket after 30 minutes, McGovern playing out of position, Gilmour running about lost, never quite up on the play, doesnt make blocks or pressure defenders in the midfield or the final 3rd but gid on the ball, so am i mind you and im nearly 50. Donnelly stands about through the middle, doesnt run the channels or hold things up, Shirkie another Shankland, Slane the trialist is another child superstar who has had a couple of good games 5yrs ago at Motherwell and everyones still waiting on the next good game, Beattie not fit, decent knock-downs, cumbersome but doesnt look like a 15 goal a season man aka. kevin kyle. Highligh of the day was Roberts clowning around with the linesman, standing on his boot, offering him money after he flagged for off-side. Embarressing. Aye hes a joker right enough eh. We dont pay you to clown around, your paid to win games and get Ayr out that Shitey league!!!!!

Archived