Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booth blames the ref: http://share2.co.uk/m/6537_2543_SCOTT_BOOTH_130914.MP3

He's such a fanny.

Scott Booth hasn't blamed the referee - all he's said was that his performance was "poor" and that he allowed the match to be "more about him than the actual game itself".

Due to a number of circumstances, I've only been able to see Stenhousemuir twice this season (against Airdrieonians and Hearts in the League Cup) and it's bloody desperate to read about how poor we are now. At the meet the manager session on Thursday, Booth spoke about how it'll take a couple of months to get his ideas across and that with the level of upheaval at the club, it would be wrong to expect immediate success but it's pretty rubbish just now.

I do believe we'll be spending the season looking to survive, and I do believe we'll be duking it out with Airdrie and Stirling Albion for eighth place. The problem is that the former have a proven manager and a team that should have soundly thrashed us on the opening day of the season, while the latter have comfortably beaten us already. We finish the month with games against Peterhead (away) and Greenock Morton (home) - I'd be delighted with three points from the two matches but I can't see it, not just now.

I don't think the interview is to bad on a blame the ref perspective,he was giving the linesman pelters all the 2nd half tho.

I think the more obvious thing from his interview is that he didn't seem annoyed at how his team played. They were dire and you have to question why he wouldn't say that, not even in a euphemised manager way.

I'm not sure if they were worse than Airdrie tho. They seemed better organised but they didn't seem very good at the basics. The number of times stenny players couldn't control the ball was ridiculous. 50/50 in who is worse.

I agree with Booth, that ref is a twat.

The two bookings for holding onto the ball and pushing was just stupid. In a game with no needle or malice he managed to create lots of problems over nothing.

Idiot 'look at me' type ref.

I agree with Booth, that ref is a twat.

The two bookings for holding onto the ball and pushing was just stupid. In a game with no needle or malice he managed to create lots of problems over nothing.

Idiot 'look at me' type ref.

Whilst spence might have been unlucky there was no way mcmenamin wasn't getting booked there. In that sort of circumstance it's the easy option for the ref to book both players.

I though the ref did ok. I can't think of any times where I didn't see his reasoning behind the calls he made. Probably the only thing I can see him being marked down on his report for would be not booking the stenny player( i think it was one of the subs, possibly mcmenamin) for kicking the ball away with a wild "shot" well after the whistle.

Stenhousemuir were pretty woeful on Saturday. The worst team I've seen us against so far, including Airdrie who at least had a few shots at goal. The Warriors offered nothing going forward, not even on the counter attack. In fairness to them they were pretty well organised defensively in the first half but once we got the opener there was only ever going to be one winner. The only disappointment is we didn't hit 3 or 4.

Pretty good performance all round on Saturday but we can still play better. Stirling looked good when he went on while for me Josh and Buchanan were excellent. But Ryan Williamson was the star of the show - Stenny couldn't handle him and I felt a bit sorry for their left back as Williamson continued to run at him all afternoon. Thought we should've had a penalty at 2-0 as well but there you go.

We're producing some good performances and results and it's always good to keep the momentum going after an international break.

Highlights link on the highlights thread. Buchanan looked good - I like how he and/or Martin are happy to get forward not just for set pieces but from open play. Total Football is maybe pushing it a bit but when we're playing well we seem to have a real fluidity about positions. Shows the players are comfortable on the ball and makes it hard to pick up. Ryan Thomson talks about it in the post match interview too.

Thought we did well. Could and should have been a few more. Stenny are absolutely shite, bordering on laughably bad. In the case of McMenamin, actually laughable :lol:

Presumably the same McMenamin who went to play for Celtic Nation in the 800th tier of English football while telling all who would listen that Scottish football was dead. :lol:

Yes, there was some some desperate back-tracking when he signed for stenny,

When Colin McMenamin signed for the Warriors, I called him out on Twitter and to be fair to him, he got back to me. He said "I'm surprised it took 20 minutes for someone to post this" and clarified what he said - he said that unless you're playing in the SPL, you can't support a family with First Division wages, hence why he moved to England, but he's looking forward to the challenges that await him at Stenny.

Even so, he really didn't come out of that interview well. The guy really has some terrible luck with joining clubs in financial bother. I reckon about the half the clubs he's been with have been in financial bother at some stage.

Archived