The Arbroath Thread

Won’t get an easier win then that all season. In cruise control all evening. Dylan Patterson my man of the match. Looked very dangerous out wide. 

I do feel we need defensive cover in ASAP. Always the worry of TOB/Ricky/Hammy/JT picking up a knock in a meaningless game. I understand we have Goldy to slot in at FB but a proper defender on the bench would be good. 

Won’t get an easier win then that all season. In cruise control all evening. Dylan Patterson my man of the match. Looked very dangerous out wide. 

I do feel we need defensive cover in ASAP. Always the worry of TOB/Ricky/Hammy/JT picking up a knock in a meaningless game. I understand we have Goldy to slot in at FB but a proper defender on the bench would be good. 

I agree - Dylan was my mom too. Bobby was excellent in the first half. All 4 of our central midfielders played very well. The back four looked like Rolls Royces against that lot. All you can say about Cammy Gill from that match is that he looks confident and his distribution is good.
I also agree about defensive cover - that’s why I was gutted at losing Henderson. But that’s the problem isn’t it? If you sign a quality defender they’ll want to play, and not on the left wing.
And Luke scores another good League Cup goal. Here’s hoping…

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dick Interview said he wants 2 strikers and a creative player - liking it 

Going by Twitter and a Killie account one of they strikers is Inness Cameron (Who’s name I’ve heard a couple weeks back) 

Absolutely awful by all accounts for QoTS last year but they were stinking to be fair. Always seems to play well against us though and he used to do my nut in when he was at Alloa 

Jurys out still on him but interested to see how he gets on

Dick Interview said he wants 2 strikers and a creative player - liking it 

Great but we cannot go into a championship season with only 4 recognised defenders, i was gutted henderson left too and it’s unlikely we’ll get someone as good and as versatile to replace him but we need at least one defender/defensive minded player in

11 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Great but we cannot go into a championship season with only 4 recognised defenders, i was gutted henderson left too and it’s unlikely we’ll get someone as good and as versatile to replace him but we need at least one defender/defensive minded player in

I think the only concern is left back but Hammy barely misses a game ever

Think the thinking will be Gold and Stewart can both play right back and Thomson can step inside. Push comes to shove Gold can play left back

Not as good as Henderson but then again nobody as good as him will come to sit on the bench 

5 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Jack Hamilton doesn't even seem to ne getting in livingstons squads? Is he injured or away somewhere else?

Innes Cameron is a big laddie who could potentially do a decent job, would take a chance on him

He signed a 2 year deal so who knows 

Cameron is very intriguing for me. I think he would really suit us as we are so direct 

DCs best mates apart from Martindale seem to be Neilson and McInnes so I would like to hope the 2 forwards are Cameron and Euan Henderson 

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He signed a 2 year deal so who knows 

Cameron is very intriguing for me. I think he would really suit us as we are so direct 

DCs best mates apart from Martindale seem to be Neilson and McInnes so I would like to hope the 2 forwards are Cameron and Euan Henderson 

Neilson was quoted as saying Euan Henderson wont go out on loan until at least January and now according to the below link he won't go out on loan at all.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/euan-henderson-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-reveals-plan-for-in-form-striker-3764004

Innes Cameron, I agree, would suit Arbroath and probably do well for you. Didn't work out QoS but was decent at Alloa. 

Cameron seems To be playing for killie so would seem unlikely. 

The defensive cover debate comes every single window. Simple fact is that any defender that comes in (Henderson a great example) is going to find themselves on the bench unless there is an injury. Both Thomson and Hammy can play centre back and Gold/Stewart can play full backs so would most likely be a waste of a wage.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Cameron seems To be playing for killie so would seem unlikely. 

The defensive cover debate comes every single window. Simple fact is that any defender that comes in (Henderson a great example) is going to find themselves on the bench unless there is an injury. Both Thomson and Hammy can play centre back and Gold/Stewart can play full backs so would most likely be a waste of a wage.

Heard that a few weeks ago and a Killie fans account tweeted it last night 

He was getting a good slagging but again it wasn’t only him, few Killie boys getting a hard time last night

For me he’s just a big handful and for the way we play (probably most direct team in the division) going back to front towards him and winning second balls etc he might actually do well here 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Dylan Patterson on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 3-0 over Cowdenbeath at Gayfield last night. “Wee Messi” was superb out wide and made it 2 goals in 2 games to start his 2022/23 campaign. Having Dylan back at Gayfield is like having a brand new signing! 

909689BB-77CD-4F27-8EE3-197295174A99.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Anybody know of an app or web page that gives real time scores as they happen, used to use Live Score but that doesn’t load these days with no live streaming today will be desperate for score updates, cheers.

FotMob is your pal.

17 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Anybody know of an app or web page that gives real time scores as they happen, used to use Live Score but that doesn’t load these days with no live streaming today will be desperate for score updates, cheers.

I use Flashscore.com