Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only saw him for 45 minutes and Brechin are pretty terrible he was up against Kevin McHattie and Ian Davidson for most of the game but everything about him was very positive I thought.
 

From the sound of it Covid just come at the wrong time for him. Might be a really shrewd bit of business getting him on a 3 year deal

An interesting perception given that everyone I've spoken to who was at the game reckons there was nothing between the sides in the first half and Arbroath shaded it in the second half when the Brechin trialists began to tire. 

Considering Brechin had about 5 or 6 of the first team missing I think they did quite well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

An interesting perception given that everyone I've spoken to who was at the game reckons there was nothing between the sides in the first half and Arbroath shaded it in the second half when the Brechin trialists began to tire. 

Considering Brechin had about 5 or 6 of the first team missing I think they did quite well. 

It’s a pre season friendly, there was nothing between crossgates primrose / Bo’ness athletic and Arbroath this time last year, although Arbroath are quite clearly a superior team

 

eta - and that’s not a dig or arrogance, it’s a championship team playing against a weakened highland league side. Arbroath are a million miles ahead of Brechin

 

 

Edited by 1320Lichtie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't recognise a couple of faces at your training tonight, although I've not kept up with your signings tbh.

You tease - wonder if that’s more trialists joined up with the squad then.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Didn't recognise a couple of faces at your training tonight, although I've not kept up with your signings tbh.

Compared to last week or last season 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:


You tease - wonder if that’s more trialists joined up with the squad then.

 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Compared to last week or last season 😂 

Last season, so they might just be the Summer signings tbh 😂 didn't hear any names being shouted I didn't recognise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

 

Last season, so they might just be the Summer signings tbh 😂 didn't hear any names being shouted I didn't recognise.

We had a massive guy Dembele upfront Saturday and a guy with dreads who is Eze from Crystal Palace’s brother. So maybe just them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

we need less dog bandanas and more signings IMO

Selling these items brings money to the club which will mean we can make more signings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m wondering if Dick will start Nicky Low tomorrow. A midfield battle on a plastic pitch may not be ideal at this stage pre season.
Looking forward to seeing Shanks for the first time. Maybe some decent trialists. Dembele could be worth a second start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m wondering if Dick will start Nicky Low tomorrow. A midfield battle on a plastic pitch may not be ideal at this stage pre season.
Looking forward to seeing Shanks for the first time. Maybe some decent trialists. Dembele could be worth a second start.


Nicky has been away at a wedding in Spain this week so doubt he’ll be starting if he’s even back
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, timlichtie said:

midfield battle on a plastic pitch

These artificial pitches are not good for any players knees ( I know this from experience).

I know some clubs have them as they bring in additional income from renting to the local sports community - but they are not good for players to run or turn and twist on - so many players have been injured playing on these plastic pitches.

The ball never bounces the same on these pitches and doing sliding tackles is not ideal.

I highly doubt Nicky Low will be playing - not worth the risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d like to see a return to 4-4-2 and Shanks and Patterson getting plenty game time. Have to play Shanks as much as possible we know all about LD and Hilson as players. Get him games the guy is our player for the next 3 years and he looks like he’s got good potential based off what we saw at Brechin and the talk about him before he signed 

 

I’d like to see

 

Gaston

 

Thomson

Little

ToB

Hammy

 

Scotty Stewart

Keaghan Jacobs 

James Craigen 

Patterson

 

Shanks

McKenna 

 

Tomorrow

 

Nicky Low in for Craigen and Bobby in for Patterson in Paisley the week after which I reckon would be our strongest line up at this moment in time 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Dundee game at Dens moved to the friday for the telly

Shite

These Friday night games really can gtf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

These artificial pitches are not good for any players knees ( I know this from experience).

I know some clubs have them as they bring in additional income from renting to the local sports community - but they are not good for players to run or turn and twist on - so many players have been injured playing on these plastic pitches.

The ball never bounces the same on these pitches and doing sliding tackles is not ideal.

I highly doubt Nicky Low will be playing - not worth the risk.

Congratulations on the "i dont like plastic pitches" bingo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've got hundreds of shareholders....... every single one of them have seen a ROI of 0%, and will continue to do so forevermore. Has anyone ever tried to sell their shares in AFC for profit before? :lol: If anyone wants to see a graph to show AFC share price rise/ fall in valuation over the past 20 years (and the next 20!) just look at an image of a flatline heart monitor.

I honestly can't believe someone has been paid money to make a model which concludes Arbroath FC are a 'great investment opportunity' :D  I'll save it as I'm sure no-one particuarly cares, but honest to f**k there are so SO many things wrong with that model and article it's painful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...