Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

Hilson too 
 
was effective at times but at that end of the park you’ve got to look at the actual goal threat and goals scored surely and now we’ve got LD and Hilson who must have less than 5 league goals between them in last 2 seasons
Think since Hilson signed in Jan 2020 he has made 55 appearances in the league. Scored 4 league goals and had 3 assists.

A squad player at best but again like Donnelly, not good enough for this level.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think since Hilson signed in Jan 2020 he has made 55 appearances in the league. Scored 4 league goals and had 3 assists.

A squad player at best but again like Donnelly, not good enough for this level.

Misplaced loyalty.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Cammy Gill confirmed 

Pretty amazed you have gone for him, I presume as a back up because I don't think he's covered himself in much glory this season. In fact if you saw the Bonnyrigg away highlights he is a complete mess for the goal the score from the corner.

Hope Rab can improve him and he goes on to have a good career but feel like he really does need to develop every aspect of his game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Pretty amazed you have gone for him, I presume as a back up because I don't think he's covered himself in much glory this season. In fact if you saw the Bonnyrigg away highlights he is a complete mess for the goal the score from the corner.

Hope Rab can improve him and he goes on to have a good career but feel like he really does need to develop every aspect of his game 

He’s a goalkeeper coach isn’t he? 
 

I don’t think he has been brought in to challenge Gats, he will be another player brought in to sit on the bench for the year then move on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s a goalkeeper coach isn’t he? 
 

I don’t think he has been brought in to challenge Gats, he will be another player brought in to sit on the bench for the year then move on. 

Yeh just kids and by all accounts he's really good at that side of things, I thought he might consider doing that 100% of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

Pretty amazed you have gone for him, I presume as a back up because I don't think he's covered himself in much glory this season. In fact if you saw the Bonnyrigg away highlights he is a complete mess for the goal the score from the corner.

Hope Rab can improve him and he goes on to have a good career but feel like he really does need to develop every aspect of his game 

He will be third choice keeper after Gaston and Davie Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He will be third choice keeper after Gaston and Davie Gold

Ah I thought Gaston was away that's promising for you to keep him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

That’s Henderson signed for Falkirk now. Didn’t get a sniff last time and looks like he was highly rated by you guys, what can we expect?

A very good centre half who can play left back and defensive midfield well too

 

Quick, tall, good in air and great on the ball when he’s centre half.
 

A good player

 

Not a great start to the summer for us 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well at least we’ll never have to see him play left midfield again. Full time football plus regular football in his position of choice probably, both things we cannot offer so good luck to him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

That’s Henderson signed for Falkirk now. Didn’t get a sniff last time and looks like he was highly rated by you guys, what can we expect?

Utility player who’s probably best played as a holding midfielder. Does a good job at LB but had no chance of taking that spot from Hammy. Should do well in League 1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

That’s Henderson signed for Falkirk now. Didn’t get a sniff last time and looks like he was highly rated by you guys, what can we expect?

Excellent player and a very good signing - really surprised he has left Arbroath, but he will be looking for regular starts ( which he never got at Arbroath).

He will prove to be one of your better players - for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Excellent player and a very good signing - really surprised he has left Arbroath, but he will be looking for regular starts ( which he never got at Arbroath).

He will prove to be one of your better players - for sure.

We must have only given him one year it’s probably all he was looking for I imagine his thought process would’ve been a return to FT football

 

His move to Oz kind of halted his FT career progression I think he could go on to have a great career  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think he could go on to have a great career  

He is only 25 years old - he will continue to improve as a player and I think he could have been a squad player for one of the lower Premier League clubs.

Thats a great signing for Falkirk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Mirren - hopefully away to tick it off

Airdrie - hopefully home cause that ground is depressing
 

Edinburgh City - hopefully home although not too arsed

 

Cowdenbeath - hopefully away for one last visit 

 

Overall we will beat Cowden and Edinburgh City - game v Airdrie probably decide it. St Mirren could get a result - we will more than likely have 3/4 more players to sign by time it comes around so a weakened team again 

 

Still though good to see some fixtures even if the draw is terrible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...