The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is going to be an interesting summer. Already posted the players but I think in terms of a starting 11

Gaston

New RB

Little 

ToB

Hammy 

Stewart

New CM

Low

New winger 

McKenna

New Striker 

Sub Keeper

JT

Gold

Henderson

LD 

Craigen 

Bobby

With Patterson away out again on loan. 

Crying out for a left winger (we could just play Bobby but that’ll never happen) and I imagine we will do our usual and sign atleast one striker on loan. 

With that 7 being the core of our starting 11 though I think we will do reasonably well. 

A fit JT well worth a start in my book.

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kevin McDonald, Charlie Adam and Nicky Low midfield 3 #legs

I've been thinking Charlie Adam for a while......just didn't want to mention it first  😊

His old man did a job for us. 

No reason Charlie jnr couldn't have a great season here.

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

A fit JT well worth a start in my book.

I think he’s on his last legs and not been the same going forward recently. We’ve had a lot of issues on and off with right back over the season id like to see us go for Scott Taggart or Cammy Ballantyne 

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think he’s on his last legs and not been the same going forward recently. We’ve had a lot of issues on and off with right back over the season id like to see us go for Scott Taggart or Cammy Ballantyne 

Big Lewis Strapp fan. But highly unlikely he would sign for us. 

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

“Inverness are "astonished" Devine's red card appeal was unsuccessful. (Press and Journal)”.
Who would have though a last man rugby tackle was a red card? emoji23.png

His arm was barely on him and Hamilton basically headed the ball back to Ridgers, Hamilton was never getting to it even if Devine was no where near him, It was never a red card.  Thankfully it didn't matter as 9 men was enough to beat you.

His arm was barely on him and Hamilton basically headed the ball back to Ridgers, Hamilton was never getting to it even if Devine was no where near him, It was never a red card.  Thankfully it didn't matter as 9 men was enough to beat you.
Both arms were around him and if there wasn't contact Hamilton would have got to it. If you look back at it Ridgers was actually nowhere near the ball. Thought it was a red at the time and the right call has been made. Quite surprised ICT wasted their time even appealling it after watching it back tbh.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Both arms were around him and if there wasn't contact Hamilton would have got to it. If you look back at it Ridgers was actually nowhere near the ball. Thought it was a red at the time and the right call has been made. Quite surprised ICT wasted their time even appealling it after watching it back tbh.

Not for me, Clive.  There's no where near enough contact for it to be a foul. Hamilton know's he's fucked the header, feels the contact and goes down.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not for me, Clive.  There's no where near enough contact for it to be a foul. Hamilton know's he's fucked the header, feels the contact and goes down.

I’m in two minds but I am not surprised the appeal was rejected 

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Knows he’s fucked the header ? That’s one really strange way of describing that situation. Personally feel leaping and hanging in the air like he did to even get contact before the centre half should be applauded. If only he took it done on his head , kept it up all the way to the goals then scored eh

I’m going to go against the grain a little here and say that I didn’t think it merited a red at the time (was celebrating it though) and I still don’t. Free kick and a yellow card.

If every mistimed jump/foul when two players jump for a ball and have a tangle, was a red then we’d have multiple sending offs in every game. I don’t think any Arbroath fans would be happy if it happened to eg O’Brien at the other end.

I’m going to go against the grain a little here and say that I didn’t think it merited a red at the time (was celebrating it though) and I still don’t. Free kick and a yellow card.
If every mistimed jump/foul when two players jump for a ball and have a tangle, was a red then we’d have multiple sending offs in every game. I don’t think any Arbroath fans would be happy if it happened to eg O’Brien at the other end.

The red card was nothing to do with the nature of the "tangle", indeed that same foul in the middle of the park wouldn't have been a card at all. The card was for denying a goalscoring opportunity.