The Arbroath Thread

Ludicrous decision. Imagine if we go up in the playoffs or if Rangers pip Celtic to the title or even win the Europa League. I wouldn’t even have had Postecoglou in the top 3.

Campbell, Hartley, Thomson and even Neilson or Murray have done arguably more without the massive budgetary and “other” advantages.

Winning a two horse race isn’t exactly a huge achievement is it?

Is Arbroath TV coverage of next season's home matches included in the season ticket  ?
I dont think there will be much Arbroath TV next season.

The lifting of the restrictions for screening games at 3pm on a Saturday ends after this season.

Will be able to show friendlies and possibly midweek games.

Ludicrous decision. Imagine if we go up in the playoffs or if Rangers pip Celtic to the title or even win the Europa League. I wouldn’t even have had Postecoglou in the top 3.
Campbell, Hartley, Thomson and even Neilson or Murray have done arguably more without the massive budgetary and “other” advantages.
Winning a two horse race isn’t exactly a huge achievement is it?

Ian Murray and Kevin Thomson? One has Airdrie second in League 1 whilst they’ll likely have a budget that should see them there.

Whilst Thomson romped away with the League 2 title for Kelty as they clearly had the biggest budget in the league. In fact Hartley has done the exact same.

Campbell I’ll give you but the other 3 have achieved exactly what they should’ve done this season.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ian Murray and Kevin Thomson? One has Airdrie second in League 1 whilst they’ll likely have a budget that should see them there.

Whilst Thomson romped away with the League 2 title for Kelty as they clearly had the biggest budget in the league. In fact Hartley has done the exact same.

Campbell I’ll give you but the other 3 have achieved exactly what they should’ve done this season.

Yes I agree that they have achieved what was expected but their budget advantage wasn’t anywhere near what Rangers and Celtic have.

To reward a guy who wins a two horse race that hasn’t been won by another team for near on 40 years is a joke. At the start of the season Celtic had no less than a 50% chance of winning the title. Wow what an achievement!!

Yes I agree that they have achieved what was expected but their budget advantage wasn’t anywhere near what Rangers and Celtic have.
To reward a guy who wins a two horse race that hasn’t been won by another team for near on 40 years is a joke. At the start of the season Celtic had no less than a 50% chance of winning the title. Wow what an achievement!!

League 1 and League 2 were pretty much one horse races so not sure how you can reward Hartley and Thomson for that.

Murray hasn’t even achieved anything yet and could have Airdrie stuck in the same league next season. A guy getting second in League 1 can’t be expected to be named the best manager in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

League 1 and League 2 were pretty much one horse races so not sure how you can reward Hartley and Thomson for that.

Murray hasn’t even achieved anything yet and could have Airdrie stuck in the same league next season. A guy getting second in League 1 can’t be expected to be named the best manager in Scotland.

I never meant that Hartley, Thomson or Murray should have won. I said that imo they, and Neilson, achieved as much in their respective leagues as was expected or hoped for just like Postecoglou.

The only manager that should have won is Campbell as he has taken his team way above expectation.

Seriously, where is the achievement in winning a 2 horse race…. Which he may still lose?

ETA - I knew that Campbell wouldn’t win, even if we won the title, and I said so in a previous post a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Tattie36

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Callum Davidson robbed last season, Dick robbed this season. 

They'll be able to decide who's hardest done by when they meet in the Play Off Final shortly.

18 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Ange is a better manager than Dick. Not sure what the issue is.

One manages a club and a group of players that have achieved their goal for the season with the biggest budget in Scotland.

One has massively exceed expectations with a part time team training a few nights a week against a full time league.

Campbell could win the league with Celtic. I'm not sure anyone in Scotland, Ange included, could eo what Campbell has done for Arbroath.

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

One manages a club and a group of players that have achieved their goal for the season with the biggest budget in Scotland.

One has massively exceed expectations with a part time team training a few nights a week against a full time league.

Campbell could win the league with Celtic. I'm not sure anyone in Scotland, Ange included, could eo what Campbell has done for Arbroath.

Exactly - an Amazonian tribesman who’s had zero contact with the outside world could take Celtic or Rangers to at worst second place. Christ, even Peter Grant would have them miles ahead of the competition.

On 30/04/2022 at 09:55, stan3600 said:

Bobby “just about to sign another year”. emoji460.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.png

Kenny Crawford really does have a knack of getting the best out of interviewees, always enjoy his work.

31 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

It’s possible for Dick to be hard done by and Postecoglou to have still done a good job this season.

No one is saying he hasn’t done a decent job so far. Personally I think it’s lazy to award it to someone who’s achievement this season to date is beating a poor Hibs team 2-1 in the League Cup final. Theoretically, Rangers could still win the league, Scottish Cup and Europa League, and Arbroath could win the playoffs.

Would look like a ridiculous award then.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rangers are not going to win the league. No Manager of the Year contender is going to chuck away a five or six point lead at a late point in the season.

While I salute the craft here, I do think it's odd the award is given out before the end of the entire domestic season.