The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, yang11 said:

I've recently moved to the area and I really admire the team's  incredible journey this season. Hoping to catch the play-off game in 2 weeks - where's the best bit of the stadium to sit for atmosphere? 

The great attraction of Gayfield is that the best places are standing on the terraces around most of the ground.  Very few grounds at this level allow this, it’s mostly boring seating

27 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

The great attraction of Gayfield is that the best places are standing on the terraces around most of the ground.  Very few grounds at this level allow this, it’s mostly boring seating

Cheers guys 👍🏻

The crowds are absolutely phenomenal, can’t quite believe it, I recall standing at the Inverness game (when sturgeon brought the crowds back to 500) and the whole place was just eery and it just felt really lacking in atmosphere. Amazing to think most of our games 6/7 years ago were like that. 

Be interesting to see how many SEason tickets we’ll sell. It works both ways, the team has a great support behind and increased revenue but the fans also have a very likeable team who have a great spirit and you can see the bond between both, love it 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

McKenna wins the championship player Of the year. I’m delighted for the guy…….but still think TOB should have won it 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Should definitely have been O'Brien. McKenna has done well, but the defence has been the bedrock of what Arbroath do.

Absolutely 

SHOCKER ,  OLD FIRM BOSS WINS MANAGER OF THE YEAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIK

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

And the Celtic manager wins the manager of the year. 

Criminal decision 

Cant surprise anyone other 3 too far away from west coast

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

And the Celtic manager wins the manager of the year. 

Criminal decision 

Disgraceful decision.

A decision made by peole who see Scottish football in the binary of Rangers and Celtic. 

Has Ange exceed expectations? Almost certainly. But he has done it spending about £20 million on players from around the world with a wage budget this season that probably eclipses Arbroath's wage spend through your entire history.

What Campbell has done this season is by far and away the biggest success story this season. Regardless of how the season pans out for you.

Fuming.

I think mckenna/o’brien was pretty 50/50 baring in mind mckenna finished to scorer and top assists and got moved to centre mid half way through the season, thoroughly deserved.

As for manager of the year that decision is absolutely criminal and proof the spfl revolve around the old firm.

Shocker that a man in charge of a club who spent over £20m more than anyone else this season wins manager of the year. 

Not sure it will bother Dick Campbell but its a criminal decision not to hand him the award. 

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It seems unlikely that the people who voted see Scottish football in the binary of Rangers and Celtic, given that the vast majority play for clubs who are not Rangers or Celtic.

Can't help but wonder who they support, however.

Edited by CALDERON

Look at last season. Callum Davidson does the cup double (unheard of outside the OF) and finished 5th with St. Johnstone but Steven Gerrard wins because he won the league.

Dick pulls off the impossible, taking a part time team with what has to be the smallest budget int the Championship and finishes 2nd. Ran the title race down to the last 2 games. And still has the chance to win the playoffs.

But Ange wins cause he is about to win the league........

I smell shite

Its the PFA, i bet Rangers and Celtic will have about 50/60 (maybe more) players paying into the PFA as members therefore they are always going to get the awards. This on top of the west coast bias and the old firm bubble means someone like Dick is never going to win this award.