The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, Gayfield said:

Kilmarnock vs Arbroath Tickets - On sale now in the Abbeygate Open until 5pm today!

Arbroath supporters can now come down to the Abbeygate to buy their tickets in person. There will be no more sales made online and this is the only way to buy a ticket.

We are staying open until 5pm today, and will be open from 10am tomorrow morning.

massive long shot but if anyone is picking up tickets for Friday and is able to pick up 2 more and bring them down to killie please give me a shout. Down in Edinburgh this week and not able to get back up before 5 to get tickets. Happy to send money via transfer or PayPal etc before you get them and obviously a few pints in Killie for the trouble too. 

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

"County poised to swoop for hybrid squad star."

"Harrogate set to hijack dream move."

Very close...but open to a bonus  - said Sue whilst giving it a " get it here Ally" look 😉

55 minutes ago, Hello Sailor said:

massive long shot but if anyone is picking up tickets for Friday and is able to pick up 2 more and bring them down to killie please give me a shout. Down in Edinburgh this week and not able to get back up before 5 to get tickets. Happy to send money via transfer or PayPal etc before you get them and obviously a few pints in Killie for the trouble too. 

I’ve sent you a pm.

I'm going to do a fess up that I will probably regret. Myself and my wee boy have been going to Arbroath every Saturday afternoon for the past 2 years as he has guitar 🎸 and singing lessons. Love it. Buy the best fish the world has to offer every week. Great sweetie shop. Better Lidl than Dundee. Nice people. Including my dental hygienist lady who is lovely and a huge Arbroath fan. But get it right up you all and hopefully you're all up the road on Friday with tears running down your smokie faces. No offence, like.

And if you see a wee boy with a guitar on his back and his dad wandering to lessons this Saturday... feel free to congratulate/get it right up us too 😂👍💙⚽

Enjoy your trip everyone.

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'm going to do a fess up that I will probably regret. Myself and my wee boy have been going to Arbroath every Saturday afternoon for the past 2 years as he has guitar 🎸 and singing lessons. Love it. Buy the best fish the world has to offer every week. Great sweetie shop. Better Lidl than Dundee. Nice people. Including my dental hygienist lady who is lovely and a huge Arbroath fan. But get it right up you all and hopefully you're all up the road on Friday with tears running down your smokie faces. No offence, like.

And if you see a wee boy with a guitar on his back and his dad wandering to lessons this Saturday... feel free to congratulate/get it right up us too 😂👍💙⚽

Enjoy your trip everyone.

Or you can just eventually see sense and realise you can pop up the coast 15 mins and have a fun day out....and watch your local team. Just saying  😊

PS I know you're born into teams...

PPs Played for Broughty back in the day.  

Edited by DUAFC

5 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Or you can just eventually see sense and realise you can pop up the coast 15 mins and have a fun day out....and watch your local team. Just saying  😊

PS I know you're born into teams...

Came to Dundee Uni at 18. Born and bred Ayrshire. Lived in Stewarton ; brilliant place to grow up. Rugby Park from 4 years old. Worked in England for 4 years then back to Dundee and never left. Met my wife here and have 2 kids. Love living in Broughty Ferry, love our days in Arbroath. Hope we pump you, obvs.

Arbroath's racist stewards utterly humiliated at Forfar Sheriff Court today.

Found to be as credible as Boris Johnson and case dismissed without the defence having to proffer any evidence.

I hope your club sacks the knuckledragging jobbers in question.

34 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Arbroath's racist stewards utterly humiliated at Forfar Sheriff Court today.

Found to be as credible as Boris Johnson and case dismissed without the defence having to proffer any evidence.

I hope your club sacks the knuckledragging jobbers in question.

Sounds like a few apologies due from those posters quick to brand Manpreet a racist. They know who they are.

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Not going to lie lads…….I’m fair excited for tomorrow 🇱🇻

Likewise.

Is this the biggest game in our history? Probably and I think most would say it is but there’s a part of me that thinks the first title winning game v Montrose was more important, if not bigger. That 2010/11 season culminating in that game certainly kick-started our successes over the last 11 years. It was a huge monkey off our back.

I know footage is a bit grainy but I thought you guys would appreciate this. Seems to me like similar circumstances - we were very definitely the underdogs that day & United had fans on 3 sides of the ground. However the noise our fans created in the old Fair Play stand was phenomenal. Hoping for a similar end result to be honest. The only thing funnier than us staying up would be you guys winning the league.