The Arbroath Thread

Any truth in the rumour going round that Arbroath are very keen to sign Steven Doris for next season. Seemingly your management team are big admirers.

Love Doris, and he seems to be doing not too bad again. Would love to see him back at some point. Although I have to say I have not heard a single person mention this rumour but you.

If doris can keep fit i'd take him back. Anyone else think us signing a young prolific striker is a bit of a kick in the teeth for hester? Not sure what he has to do to get a few starts but skelly has surely pushed him down the pecking order

Not really, no difference between having Skelly there or Ryan there tbf.

Strikers are prone to injury and also run out of steam during a game. In recent seasons we have struggled at times e.g. when we had Bain and Milne in attack. This trio of youngsters give us really good options. I'd expect to see Rutherford start as the one up front, but I'd love to see Hester and Skelly given a run together.

Wouldn't blame him if he has, gold could be next to leave, they haven't had a lot of game time because of the loan players and skelly is a bit of a kick in the teeth to young hester

You obviously don't pay enough attention if you think gold isn't getting game time. Not everyone can play every week and you need a squad for injuries and suspensions. I blame the lack of a reserve league for players getting fed up on the bench these days. I do agree a bit with Hester getting a bit upset that a young loan player walks straight into the team ahead of him. Edited by Hammerafc