The Arbroath Thread

ken , was only on the wind up mate , no more p& b when on the vino . for me . tut tut . :shutup

You sure you weren't on it when you posted that?

Now Ryan is gone and Watson is tied up I wonder what else we will get up to in January, strange that nothing's been said about Ramsey but with him being at Rangers he'll surely be extending his deal. Must be better for him playing at this level than under 20s and he's not getting near the Sevco 1st team yet.

It was belted out yesterday a few times

Everybody that usually sings was spread out yesterday cause of how busy the stand was.

Well Bobby needs a song made up for him by the Ultras for staying with us IMO. So many times people have left and he's went and stayed. Love that from him. 8)

There is a great opportunity for any of the young Lichties or Ultra's this Saturday.

There are places available for the Young Supporters Hospitality Day for the match against Elgin City on the 9th of January.

The event is open to 8 to 17 year olds and costs £20 or £14 for season ticket holders. It includes a 2 course meal, complimentary soft drinks, reserved seating in the stand, the teamsheet and a chance to meet the Management and players after the game..

See the club website or facebook for more information.

With Stoney put possibly long term we only have 5 fit defenders. We could do with another defender in to cover injury and suspensions. Clark and Whatley can cover at the back but would rather have them in midfield.

maybe 2 more would be better

We don't need to sign 2 defenders when whatley and Clarke could both cover. Priority for me is a striker and a centre midfielder.

Centre midfielder? With Whatley, stewart, sergio(altho injured), clark, gold, mcwalter and ramsay can play there. Unless 1 or 2 of them r releases i doubt it Edited by afc_36_0

Centre midfielder? With Whatley, stewart, sergio(altho injured), clark, gold, mcwalter and ramsay can play there. Unless 1 or 2 of them r releases i doubt it

I should've been more specific;a holding/defensive midfielder. Whatley and Stewart first choice is fine but Stewart is quite injury prone. Clarke is far too slow to play at this level, McWalter wants out, Gold at centre midfield wouldn't work at all and Ramsay has never played centre midfield so I don't know where you're getting that from.

In all seriousness we need a LB/CB to provide cover competition as we are short in both areas if 1 or more injuries happen in these areas.

A Defensive Midfielder as ever since the loss of Nicol we have been lacking in this area. Its not all about pace in the DM role. Positional awareness is vital. knowing when to take that couple of steps back and anticipating an opposition pass or covering a full backs run. Nicol did that when played in the DM role and wasted in CB.

A pacey versatile Winger/Striker. would give the team more options. Reid and Gold just dont do enough as wingers. And Linn comes to deep for the ball when he could move into the wide open areas down the wings to receive a pass.

Would imagine that a few players will have to leave in order to make room.

In all seriousness we need a LB/CB to provide cover competition as we are short in both areas if 1 or more injuries happen in these areas.

A Defensive Midfielder as ever since the loss of Nicol we have been lacking in this area. Its not all about pace in the DM role. Positional awareness is vital. knowing when to take that couple of steps back and anticipating an opposition pass or covering a full backs run. Nicol did that when played in the DM role and wasted in CB.

A pacey versatile Winger/Striker. would give the team more options. Reid and Gold just dont do enough as wingers. And Linn comes to deep for the ball when he could move into the wide open areas down the wings to receive a pass.

Would imagine that a few players will have to leave in order to make room.

Agree with the first two points and the first part of the third. You say Gold and Reid don't do enough as wingers-when they're not actually wingers. Reid has played through the middle during his recent run of starts and the last time I recall Gold playing on the wing was at Elgin when Linn and Ramsay were both injured.

Don't really get the point about Linn coming too deep, he's having his most prolific season yet for us so I think we'd be as well leaving him to do his own thing.

I expect McWalter to leave and wouldn't object to Clarke leaving provided we replace them.