The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Stewart played right back against Dunfermline so wouldn't be surprised if that was the call with Hilson or Linn further forward.

Hilson is so low on confidence just now I wouldn’t be throwing into the game from the start tonight 

It's actually a tricky one, I expect Hamilton to be ok and wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson start for his experience for an extra threat at set pieces, I'd prefer Chris Hamilton to get he nod but you can never guess,

Who would of thought 5 years ago we would have the opportunity to fo top of the championship after 7 games, even for 24 hours it would be a remarkable achievement, Obviously our goal is to stay in the league but if we continue to play like we have there is no reason we can challenge for a play off spot,

Very enjoyable evening overall and would have bitten your hand off for a point pre-match so not too down hearted that we didn't take at-least one of our chances.

On another note - it was nice to see out stewards covering themselves in glory yet again post match behind the main stand - some over officious p***k man-handling 10-12 year old kids who had the temerity to "invade" the pitch at the end. Sure, give them a wee telling off but a grown man grabbing them by the arm and marching them to a wall to gie them a telling is embarrassing and fucking disgraceful.

I have kids that age and if he did that to mine I would have punched his specks doon his fucking throat.

Those kids - the future of the club - could now decide never to come back and who would blame them?

I’d have happily lost 4/5 nothing last night and have Nicky low fit today

If he walked off that’s good. I can’t really remember it too well

I was only really glancing at the game every so often but I looked up when I saw him on the deck. He was holding his calf before he walked off. I actually assumed it was cramp until I saw that picture above. He didn't appear to be in too much pain tbh.

I’d have happily lost 4/5 nothing last night and have Nicky low fit today

If he walked off that’s good. I can’t really remember it too well

It was pretty clear on the TV. He went over his ankle with his full weight as he went down. Hopefully it’s an ankle sprain and no more.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Nicky Low on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 0-0 draw with Kilmarnock in front of the BBC cameras last night. 7 players received votes for the man of the match after a magnificent team performance against the title favourites. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

ECA43CE4-4273-4365-9AD7-587B28242D0D.jpeg

32 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Any news on Nicky Low’s injury? It looked bad. Hope it’s not.

I'm just hoping the fact that he left the pitch on his feet rather than a stretcher is a plus sign, really hope it's not too serious he's been outstanding.

2 minutes ago, keptie said:

I'm just hoping the fact that he left the pitch on his feet rather than a stretcher is a plus sign, really hope it's not too serious he's been outstanding.

Apparently went up to the hospitality as well after the game