The Arbroath Thread

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:
Refs loosing control of the game according to the commentary team...
No bias at all from this lot...

Not as bad as the Arbroath commentary shirley?...

Nothing wrong with Fermer. 

Have a new commentary team this season I believe.

I don’t know if my man of the match was Nicky Low or Liam Henderson. They were both terrific. What a pair of additions to the squad. It was good to see us passing the ball out from the back. Was that because United let us do it or because TOB wasn’t there to launch it?

49 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I don’t know if my man of the match was Nicky Low or Liam Henderson. They were both terrific. What a pair of additions to the squad. It was good to see us passing the ball out from the back. Was that because United let us do it or because TOB wasn’t there to launch it?

Didn't think Henderson was as assured as Wednesday night, Low was always looking to make something happen, commentators were a seething mess, especially when they found out we weren't Elgin

Didn't think Henderson was as assured as Wednesday night, Low was always looking to make something happen, commentators were a seething mess, especially when they found out we weren't Elgin

They alternated between being terminally boring and wittering endlessly about minor tackles and injuries. They need a Fermer master class [emoji23]

39 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

They alternated between being terminally boring and wittering endlessly about minor tackles and injuries. They need a Fermer master class emoji23.png

Don't know what game they were watching

My main concern has been the same for the last 3 years now, scoring goals. We’re a really solid team with a lot of very good players but putting the ball in the back of the net has been an issue since promotion from league 1

Yes, but there is a massive, massive gulf from league one to the Championship. 

Every single team is looking for a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net, but the Scottish Championship has a history for being a very difficult league to score in and there is little between most clubs.  Fine margins and a lot of tight 1-0 games.

Most teams we have faced in the past 2 seasons have internationalists playing in their side and any good goal scorer is snapped up by a bigger club.

Last season Shields and Obileye both  from Queen of the South scored a lot last season and both got moves to Motherwell and Livingston.  McManus is off to the New Saints, Todorov got a move to Dunfermline, Sow was meant to move to Europe and Jack Hamilton is going to be playing for Livingston this season.

Most of the top scorers are also the club's penalty takers which adds on quite a number to their list, certainly Dobbie and Trouten's figures are boosted by penalties.

The pandemic seen most clubs sign up their players on longer contracts and there is a real lack of players out there.  As always on this site people mention players who may be on a bench for a game.  Fraser Fyvie was the latest one mentioned.  He just signed a new 3 year deal with Cove in March and is their captain.  They wouldn't dream of letting him leave, and if they did it would be for a lot of money.  

If we have a player who can even reach 10/12 goals this season we will have a top goalscorer.   There will still be players coming in, and by the start of August our squad will definitely have more attacking options signed. 

We were incredibly luck to get Jack.  His goal ratio in the Championship was amazing and if we had him for a season we would have been for sure challenging for the top 4.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

My main concern has been the same for the last 3 years now, scoring goals. We’re a really solid team with a lot of very good players but putting the ball in the back of the net has been an issue since promotion from league 1

2017/2018 - 36 games

2017.JPG.a8982a9bacbe2c77d0cd09caed12b628.JPG

2018/2018 - 36 games

2018.JPG.d22b8677494110011290681c3fed741a.JPG

2019/2020 - 28 / 27 / 26 games

2019.JPG.a2f6dd88b61c7434696343afa55c0a6e.JPG

2020/2021 - 27 games

2020.JPG.634b4e3ff335e2554e58b0ace7c7e733.JPG

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

17 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Refs loosing control of the game according to the commentary team...
No bias at all from this lot...

They were a seething mess at the end

Kin what is even more worse of a video Mike beattie? You in that video putting your scarf on in slow motion! I watched that 2 times then stopped watching it!! It's easy not to go back over watching stuff like that, just you concentrate making a c**t of yourself in the stands shouting pointless stuff when deep down ah c**t hates it!!

Campbell got another few lined up from London and someone from France, be interesting to see how this works out, can be a hit or a massive miss, still think with the contacts and history we have of Improving players we could get a few loans in or released young players,
Wonder where Miko is?

23 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Campbell got another few lined up from London and someone from France, be interesting to see how this works out, can be a hit or a massive miss, still think with the contacts and history we have of Improving players we could get a few loans in or released young players,
Wonder where Miko is?

Miko was half the player last season, he was the season before, time to move on