The Arbroath Thread

Rearranged game at Crossgates this wednesday and Boness on Friday, not sure if its the boness we played in the cup a few years ago, great day out that was

Nah it’s a different Bo’Ness. They were junior last season and just accepted into the EOS this year. Think there’s a bit of beef between them and the Bo’Ness we played.

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Nah it’s a different Bo’Ness. They were junior last season and just accepted into the EOS this year. Think there’s a bit of beef between them and the Bo’Ness we played.

Yep team you are playing were Linlithgow Thistle a couple years back - an amateur side. Moved to Boness and became a junior club, now EOS. Not in same class as Boness team you played.

On 27/06/2021 at 12:32, lichtie23 said:

The trialists were Ciaran Brian. Ex st Johnstone and Hibs youngster who was last seen playing his trade in the 4th division in Sweden. And Elle Akobeto, a French boy who it looks like won’t be signing 

Someone called "Andrew" training with you lot tonight, fwiw. Didn't get a last name, and sadly can't describe him great terms. Maybe just under 6ft, black, quite slim but looked quick.

Played at the back during your half pitch game and got involved a lot, which is the only reason I know his name. Dunno if he's maybe a youth player? Looked young.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone called "Andrew" training with you lot tonight, fwiw. Didn't get a last name, and sadly can't describe him great terms. Maybe just under 6ft, black, quite slim but looked quick.

Played at the back during your half pitch game and got involved a lot, which is the only reason I know his name. Dunno if he's maybe a youth player? Looked young.

Friendly on Wednesday so might see him get some game time then 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Friendly on Wednesday so might see him get some game time then 

Be interesting anyway. Didn't spot anyone else I wasn't aware of being your player anyway. Rab Douglas was in one of the goals and pulled off a wondersave as I walked past.

Guest Peter LaFleur

What is Michael Ruth like? What kind of player is he - what position does he play etc? He is rumoured to be signing for Falkirk on loan. The move makes sense with Sheerin now our manager.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Was billed as a striker IIRC but never really played there, always out wide. Quick, and tricky but I don’t think he recorded a goal or assist in his time at the club and never established himself in the team. I think a lot of us would’ve liked to have seen more of him, but for whatever reason it never happened. Should be decent in league one I think.