The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Does anyone else think we should sign a goalscorer?

As for signing two, think of one we could sign then get back to me on a second emoji1787.png

Yeah I know it's obvious and we're all saying it, doesn't mean it isn't a priority though.

As I said in my previous post - goalscorers are like hens teeth all over Scotland so maybe we need to think differently. I've always though McKenna has the pace and physicality to be given a chance up front, Stewart also. Both score a few from midfield too so know how to put the ba in the net when the opportunity arises.

I just don’t see the point in everyone repeating what is so obvious for all to see. People are on about a Jack Hamilton type loanee - He didn’t even join East Fife until the 9th of September last season. It’s not even the end of June yet, bit of calm required!

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I just don’t see the point in everyone repeating what is so obvious for all to see. People are on about a Jack Hamilton type loanee - He didn’t even join East Fife until the 9th of September last season. It’s not even the end of June yet, bit of calm required!

Don't think anyone is panicking and I for one am sure Dick will come good. No harm in discussing it though.

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:
6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:
Do we know who the trialists were?

Not sure of their surnames but the number 33 was called Keiran, the number 31 I think it was, is apparently called Elias.

Disappointing - I was hoping for a Lionel and a Romelu.

I always find it irritating that trialists are not named. Is that a rule?

I’m the same as I like to know who’s playing for us but the last thing the club will want to do is name a player and then they turn around and go elsewhere. It can make the club look a bit stupid and fans would probably moan that a player turned them down.

11 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I always find it irritating that trialists are not named. Is that a rule?

Years ago, they were all referred to as Newman