The Arbroath Thread

You better pray Gaston stays fit. Comfortably the worst goalkeeper to play for us in the Championship. Thought the drop down maybe did him some good until I saw him make a couple of howlers in the play-offs. I wouldn't even risk him in cup games.

Dick will play him in cup games as we always go out early anyway.

5 hours ago, stan3600 said:

With coaching from Big Rab he’ll be a world beater.

Funnily enough I thought Antell played his best football when Jim McQueen was coaching him. Big Rab was once third choice at Meadowbank behind Fireman Jim so if his influence has rubbed off on Rab ..

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

What sort of season did TOB have? Always thought he could play at an even higher level.

He’s been brilliant since the day he signed, can count on one hand the amount of poor games he’s had in 3 seasons. I’m not sure he could play at a higher level as good as he is, championship probably his level. He could certainly comfortably play in any of the teams in our league but led to believe he has a very good job and is or must be on a good deal with us. 

Season Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am from our website - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/season-tickets/

All season ticket holders will be given first priority on return to the ground, and will also get first options on all cup matches.

All sales this season are online, there are no physical sales of season tickets at Gayfield.

In a new partnership with future ticketing it means all season ticket sales and match day tickets will be all sold electronically.  With the pandemic still ongoing, this means your season ticket will be scanned as you enter the ground and in addition helps streamline it's efficiency.

We start the new season with a home match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle before our first away fixture is away to Ayr United.

Over the festive period we are away on boxing day to Dunfermline Athletic but at home to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the first game of 2022.

We finish the season the same as this past season with a Friday night match at home to Greenock Morton.

Arbroath FC Fixtures 2021:2022 - Website.jpg

9 minutes ago, Arbroath36.0! said:

Personally think Christmas period fixtures are pretty guff like! But hey ho! Bring on this season!!!! What's everyone's thoughts ? Wanting to pick Hamilton Patrick killie and QOTS off this season

Might be my imagination but we've not had decent festive fixtures for a few years. Aside from that the fixtures look decent, could be another nail biter v Morton on hte last day.

My hope for the season: 8th place at worst, promotion playoffs at best - somewhere in between will do just fine.

As per the last two seasons, we desperately need goalscorer/s signed. Get a Wighton/Hamilton type player and I'm confident we'll be fine as the core of the team is good enough.

Edited by Tattie36

Might be my imagination but we've not had decent festive fixtures for a few years. Aside from that the fixtures look decent, could be another nail biter v Morton on hte last day.
My hope for the season: 8th place at worst, promotion playoffs at best - somewhere in between will do just fine.
As per the last two seasons, we desperately need goalscorer/s signed. Get a Wighton/Hamilton type player and I'm confident we'll be fine as the core of the team is good enough.
A cracking away day in the festive period always brightens up fixture I think anyways, but these things happen.

I think we will get a decent striker in when it happens, but part time teams ain't gonna just us there best players left right and centre as dick would saying! its tough going being the best PT team in the country

Hopefully another good season is ahead for us