The Arbroath Thread

Good to see the Lichtie fans practicing their moans for the terracing next season.
We have survived thanks to fans support, a great management and playing squad with the support of a brilliant board and probably a grant from the Scottish Government.
I am sure that the new prices have been worked out to reward previous season ticket holders and provide some of the necessary funds for the season ahead.
After 18 months let's try to have a season free of terracing moans when we get back in.
Come on Lichties and achieve Dicks dream of Premiership fitba.

36 minutes ago, highlandlichtie said:

Good to see the Lichtie fans practicing their moans for the terracing next season.
We have survived thanks to fans support, a great management and playing squad with the support of a brilliant board and probably a grant from the Scottish Government.
I am sure that the new prices have been worked out to reward previous season ticket holders and provide some of the necessary funds for the season ahead.
After 18 months let's try to have a season free of terracing moans when we get back in.
Come on Lichties and achieve Dicks dream of Premiership fitba.

If that was partly aimed at me then you’re very wrong. I was only pointing out that such a large increase would perhaps put off some from buying a season ticket. I did however admit to being mistaken about the price of the 2019-20 ticket.

Personally, I think it’s great value and will be buying one as soon as they’re on sale.

I don’t think there has been a single negative comment directed at the club, on or off the field, for a very long time. Nothing but positivity around Arbroath FC at the moment.

Calum Antell

Arbroath FC would like our supporters to give a very warm welcome to our newest signing 28-year-old Goalkeeper Calum Antell.

Calum joins the club from Edinburgh City where he has been since July 2016 having held the number one shirt for the Citizens for nearly his entire time with the club.

Hailing from Abergavenny in Wales and raised in Ebbw Vale, Calum actually started his footballing career as a boy as a striker netting 52 goals in one season before picking up the gloves as a teenager at the age of 14.

Calum netted a trial with Swansea City for a few months before spending 8 months with his beloved Cardiff City before catching the eye of Swindon Town.

After a successful spell with the Swindon Youths he moved up to Scotland to Edinburgh in 2010 signing a full time contract.

Loan spells followed with East Stirlingshire where he played 39 games in the 2011-2012 season scooping their player of the year, before moving on loan to East Fife the following season where he made 30 appearances.

Leaving Hibernian in 2013 Calum moved to Queen of the South where he made 16 appearances with also 4 further appearances on loan at Brechin City.

The next season Calum moved to Nairn County in the Highland League where he spent two seasons and actually faced Arbroath in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup at Gayfield in our 2-1 win back in November 2014.

In 2016 Calum made the the move to Edinburgh City where he has been since making 147 appearances and keeping 39 clean sheets.

Of course Calum will be reunited with his former Edinburgh City team mate in Liam Henderson who signed for the club last week.

Calum will compete with Derek Gaston for the number one shirt under the guidance of goalkeeping coach Robert Douglas.

Welcome to the club Calum!

C’mon the Lichties

Calum Antell.jpg

19 minutes ago, Gayfield said:

Calum Antell

Arbroath FC would like our supporters to give a very warm welcome to our newest signing 28-year-old Goalkeeper Calum Antell.

Calum joins the club from Edinburgh City where he has been since July 2016 having held the number one shirt for the Citizens for nearly his entire time with the club.

Hailing from Abergavenny in Wales and raised in Ebbw Vale, Calum actually started his footballing career as a boy as a striker netting 52 goals in one season before picking up the gloves as a teenager at the age of 14.

Calum netted a trial with Swansea City for a few months before spending 8 months with his beloved Cardiff City before catching the eye of Swindon Town.

After a successful spell with the Swindon Youths he moved up to Scotland to Edinburgh in 2010 signing a full time contract.

Loan spells followed with East Stirlingshire where he played 39 games in the 2011-2012 season scooping their player of the year, before moving on loan to East Fife the following season where he made 30 appearances.

Leaving Hibernian in 2013 Calum moved to Queen of the South where he made 16 appearances with also 4 further appearances on loan at Brechin City.

The next season Calum moved to Nairn County in the Highland League where he spent two seasons and actually faced Arbroath in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup at Gayfield in our 2-1 win back in November 2014.

In 2016 Calum made the the move to Edinburgh City where he has been since making 147 appearances and keeping 39 clean sheets.

Of course Calum will be reunited with his former Edinburgh City team mate in Liam Henderson who signed for the club last week.

Calum will compete with Derek Gaston for the number one shirt under the guidance of goalkeeping coach Robert Douglas.

Welcome to the club Calum!

C’mon the Lichties

Calum Antell.jpg

He was absolutely awful with us. 

You better pray Gaston stays fit. Comfortably the worst goalkeeper to play for us in the Championship. Thought the drop down maybe did him some good until I saw him make a couple of howlers in the play-offs. I wouldn't even risk him in cup games.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You better pray Gaston stays fit. Comfortably the worst goalkeeper to play for us in the Championship. Thought the drop down maybe did him some good until I saw him make a couple of howlers in the play-offs. I wouldn't even risk him in cup games.

Not heard anything but mostly negative comments about him in the past. Will still get my full support though.... unless he does something to change that.

Rab can hang those gloves up for good now 😆